Hospital Day One

I woke up a few hours later to nurses running in and out of my room. Suddenly, I was being moved into the hallway. Before I could talk, I was knocked out by drugs.

I woke back up to find myself back in my room. Marcus was pacing back and forth. He didn't notice that I was awake.

"What happened?" I groggily asked. He turned his head in my direction and rushed to my side.

"You were bleeding internally. They rushed you back into the OR." He said. Nathan walked in with a guest. It was mom, she was crying.

"Mom." Was all I managed to say as she ran up to me.

"I thought that I lost you, my sweet angel." She said with tears.

"I'm not going anywhere. You made me stronger than what I used to be. I fought so hard not to leave you guys." I said as she kissed my forehead.

"Im so sorry about everything. Nathan took me to see my grand baby through the nursery glass. She's so precious." Mom said. She looked up at Marcus. "Im sorry for how I reacted. There's no words to describe my behavior. You did well protecting her, my son." She added. Marcus looked at her with disappointment.

"I didn't protect her enough, mom." He said and she shook her head.

"She's still alive. That's all that counts." She said. Nathan left the room to give us some space. I grabbed her hand as tears rolled down my face.

"Everything will be fine. We got a future to prepare for my grand child. Have you thought of a name yet?" She asked. I shook my head as Marcus rubbed my shoulder.

"She hasn't even had the chance to meet her yet, mom. She just woke up then they rushed her back into the OR. Today is the first day that she's been conscious." He replied and she got speechless.

"I wouldn't have mentioned that I saw her, if I knew she hasn't met her mother yet. I'm sorry, sweetie." She said and I shook my head.

"You have every right to see her, mom. It might be a while until I can actually see and hold her." I said. I clicked on the button that was attached to my IV. Marcus looked at me.

"You in pain, baby?" Marcus asked and I nodded.

"I'm starting to feel everything." I said. Mom kissed my head one more time.

"I'll come back later. Get some rest, Abs. You have earned it." She said before she left. I looked up at Marcus.

"Nathan was right. She came around." I said.

"There wasn't a thought that second guessed his logic." He said as I lightly slapped him. "What?" He asked.

"You didn't question Nathan but you doubted my gut feeling?" I asked and he sheepishly grinned.

"I didn't want to threatened any guys that she'd bring home when she gets to our age." He said and I chuckled.

"I think she will be just fine, baby." I said as he gave me a stern look.

"Yeah because she's not going to cause the same mess that we did?" He asked and I shook my head.

"Do you realize the mess that you got us in?" I asked.

"You mean the mess you got us in." He said and we both laughed. Nurses came in periodically to check my vitals. I hated being mobilized due to all the surgeries and stitches that were holding me together. I fell asleep while Marcus went to check on our little girl.

I woke up to find him passing out in the chair and Nathan was leaning against the wall.

"I figured you would be home." I said as Nathan looked over at me.

"No, I'd rather protect my own than to be asleep in my own bed. We all took turns watching over you since you've been here. Why stop now? We are family. Speaking of family, we need to talk when you get better." He said and I just looked at him.

"I will not quit our family, Nathan." I firmly said and he shook his head.

"It's nothing bad." Nathan said and I dozed back off to sleep.