Coming Home

It was the next day and the doctor said that we could go home. My incisions were healing nicely and there wasn't any reason why I should stay. Marcus got off his phone and looked over at me.

"Mom and Rose turned the spare bedroom into the nursery. They are waiting on our arrival. Blake is on his way to pick us up." He said as I got up.

"Okay, baby. Can you close the door and help me get dressed?" I asked. He quickly shut the door and rushed over to me. I pulled out my skinny jeans, a black tank top, a pair of underwear, and my red bra. He helped me out of the hospital gown and slipped my underwear on.

"You know, I much rather rip your clothes off." He said with humor.

"I know but I'm in no condition to make love. Can we just hurry? I'm ready to go home." I said as he pulled my jeans up to my thighs. I managed to slip my arms into my bra as he hooked it together. He slid my tank top over my body as softly as he could, so he didn't scrape my stitches. We already had Jennifer in her outfit. She was too cute. Her white onesie said daddy's girl, mommy's world with a flower headband and a pink ruffle skirt.

A few minutes later, the nurse came in with discharge papers for me and Jenny along with a wheelchair. I made sure we didn't miss anything when Marcus grabbed everything. I moved from the bed to the wheelchair. The nurse picked up Jenny and placed her in my arms. We soon walked out of what used to be my hospital room. Blake was already waiting for us at the exit. He helped Marcus load up the Jeep. Marcus got Jenny buckled into her car seat, then he helped me inside. We quickly drove off and left the hospital behind. No one was eager to be stuck in there again.

Upon my arrival, everyone was gathered outside. Our entire gang was at our house and mom was in the doorway. They all had smiles on their faces. Marcus helped me out before he pulled Jenny out. Blake grabbed our hospital bags. Nathan walked up to us and helped make sure I didn't fall.

We got up to the house and everyone started to cheer. Nick smiled as I hugged our family. Rose immediately picked up Jenny and started showing her off.

"Let's get Abs inside. She needs to sit down." Mom said. We got inside and saw all the decorations. There was a welcome home banner hanging off the ceiling. Pink and white balloons were everywhere. I was afraid to see the rest of the house. Mom led us into the living room and there were numerous stuffed animals scattered everywhere. I sat down in the recliner. They all gathered around me and Marcus.

"Can we start handing out the presents?" Rose asked and Blake shook his head. Nick walked over to the back corner and pulled out a big box wrapped in rainbow striped wrapping paper.

"We can't just jump straight into presents. Give her some time to relax for a few minutes." Mom said. I wasn't going to lie, it was overwhelming.

"Mom, it's fine." I said as Nick sat the present down in front of me.