Facing The Music

"What are you going to do about it?" I asked as I waved my katana. He glared at me.

     "This is far from over!" He yelled. I looked behind him and saw that we were at a stand still. I was the only one who could end this fight. Chris had to be taken out.

     "Christina!" I yelled as she kept running.

     "Do what you want with him!" She yelled and his eyes got wide.

     "You little bitch! See if I fuck with you again!" He yelled and she stopped dead in her tracks.

     "You stopped doing that three months ago! You only pulled me along to play this little charade! I'm not playing your silly kid games anymore!" Christina shouted back. Marcus kept his eyes on me the whole time he was fighting off Jordan.

     "You turned her against me! You are going to pay!" Chris yelled at me. I was the one laughing now because he no longer had any leverage over me.

     "I'd like to see you try!" I yelled back and Marcus shoved Jordan away as he tried to reach me.

     "Christina, kill him slowly for me. Make him suffer while he waits for death." I said as I tossed her a pocket knife. Chris fell down to his knees. I saw everyone stop fighting. The battle was finally over but soon I suddenly felt something warm and oozing. I looked down at my hand that I had on my back. There was blood all over it. I saw Marcus's worried face and then saw Chris's devilish grin. He had won. The fight was all for nothing. This was it for me. I was ready to welcome death and I couldn't prevent it. My entire world faded to black as I collapsed.

     I wasn't supposed to die like this. We were supposed to do be the Meaningless Hoodlums. I was welcoming a baby girl into the world, not Heaven with me. She never got the chance to live. Marcus never got to meet her, let alone help raise her.

     My life flashed before me. I wanted to fight to stay alive but my body decided it wanted to give up. This was not how I pictured my death. My nightmare didn't even get it right. I was so scared to lose Marcus that I let my guard down. I didn't even know who stabbed me. Everything was a giant blur. I'm never got the chance to apologize to my mom. I knew she thought I was a failure but she always supported me and my decisions. She would never forgive me now. I saw a light and started to walk towards it. I heard someone talk and the light went further away.