Chapter 1

***Authors Note: HI if you're from Instagram. HI if you're from Wattpad!! HI if you're here just to be here!! I love you all!! A reminder that you can find live updates of my most recent stories on my Instagram: @wdweditor as I do not move those stories to Wattpad until they have been completed!! I love you all babes!! Thank you for your love you all add to my reasons to smile!***

Jackie's POV

"JACKIE BREAKFAST IS READY!!" I heard my older brother Jonah yell from downstairs.

I got out of bed and sleepily walked downstairs to get my breakfast. My brothers, Jonah, Jack, and Daniel were already eating. My sister Christina came in around the same time as me and we all sat down to eat together. Our parents were out for the weekend and weren't going to be back till Monday.

"How'd you sleep?" Jack asked me.

"Well enough." I told him cutting up my eggs.

"We need help down at the restaurant today." Daniel said to Christina and me.

"Oh we actually get to help at the diner now?" Christina said to them.

"Yes Christina." Jonah said rolling his eyes.

"Well, I mean, you've never let us before." She pointed out.

"That's cause it's not a job for you guys."

"Oh that's right. You wanna leave us here to clean up after you three." I added.

My brothers said nothing.

"Well I have my women's club to attend this morning so I won't be there until the afternoon." Christina said finishing her breakfast and bringing it over to the sink.

"I'll come." I said.

"Really?" They all said, expecting me to fight back more.

"Yeah. Of course. I'm not afraid to get these pretty hands dirty." I said, laughing.

"Well...just be careful today ok?" Jonah warned me.

I rolled my eyes. I knew what he meant. "I'm not gonna start anything with the Greasers." I told him.

"Oh it's not you I'm worried about." He said. "It's them. Especially the youngest one...what's his name?"

"It's Zach." I told him.

"Yeah whatever the little shit's name is."

"They're really not that bad." I told him, rolling my eyes.

"Jackie you don't know any better." He told me.

"Jo, you say this every day."

"And I'm never wrong."

"Jonah leave her be." Christina said.

"Whatever. I'm just saying be careful."

Zach's POV

"ZACHARY DEAN IF YOU DON'T GET DOWN TO BREAKFAST RIGHT NOW I'M EATING YOURS!!" I groaned and dragged myself out of bed at the sound of my oldest sister, Tate's voice.

I walked downstairs and saw my sister's Tate and Gabby sitting at our small kitchen table while my sister Valorie and my brother Corbyn were sitting on our couch eating breakfast watching cartoons.

"It's 9am and you call me down." I complained as I grabbed my food and headed for the living room."

"Eat at the table." Tate said.

"I don't feel like it." I said, rolling my eyes and heading into the living room. I sat down next to Corbyn.

"She's in a mood today." He said through a full mouth and not taking his eyes away from the cartoons.

"Yeah. I could tell. Why though?"

"Bills came in. We're still short."

"When aren't we?"

"She bitched at me and Corbyn cause we ain't earning our keep." Valorie added taking the cigarette she was smoking out of her mouth.

"I'm sure I'll get the same fucking talk too." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Yeah well now we gotta go out and find work." She told me.

"Right right cause who's gonna hire us?" I said, pointing out the obvious. We lived in bum fuck nowhere and on the southside of town. No one wanted to associate with us.

"What about the diner down the street?"

"Yeah absolutely not."

"Why?"

"You know who owns that diner. I'd last two seconds."

"It's not our fault YOU decided to key the asshole's ford." Corbyn pointed out.

"Yeah, well, he asked for it." I told him.

"And it was worth me having to spend the little money we have to bail you out?" Tate asked, angrily coming into the living room.

"Whatever Tate." I said.

The five of us lived on our own. And not all of us were even related. Tate, Gabbie and I were but we'd met Corbyn and Valorie when we'd had nowhere to go. Our parents left us a couple years back and we didn't have to go to the state because Tate was legal to become our guardian. Corbyn and Valorie had just been running around on their own and Tate took them in. After that we all just kinda became a family or whatever.

"Go out and get a job and stop sitting on your ass." She told me, taking my breakfast.

"Fine I'm going." I said walking over and grabbing my leather jacket.

"We'll come with you." Valorie said, putting out her cigarette and getting up off the couch.

"IF YOU THREE DON'T COME BACK WITH JOBS YOU'RE SLEEPING ON THE PORCH TONIGHT!" We heard Tate yell behind us.

"Damn she's really pissed about the bills."

"Well yeah, considering we'd have the money if she didn't have to bail you out what do you expect." Corbyn said.

"Whatever let's just get this over with."