6- Criminals

A glass of amber liquid was poised in his hand. Even in such a dark color, Vincent Wolf managed to stand out around the masses. He'd changed since she'd seen him this afternoon. His dark hair loosened, falling a bit into his face now.

A small, brittle, older man flanked his left, looking quite out of place, chatting with the middle-aged lumberjack of a man beside him. Ally recognized him. Hector?- her brain supplied. Vincents's Chief Operations Officer of Shield Security.

Her eyes snapped back to Vincent, who was still staring in that unabashed, cryptic way that gave little clue to what he was thinking. And then he did the unthinkable and curled a finger, motioning for her to come over.

Son of a bitch.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me!" Ally seethed, loud enough that  Baby-faced Bartender turned their way.

"He sure has balls." Mina commented with a low whistle.

"Watch my drink." Ally hopped off the stool. "I need to have a quick chat."

"No biting!" Mina hollered from behind. "Kicks above the belt!" 

Ally stomped her way through the crowd as quickly as Mina's towering heels allowed- which was a glacial pace. Her eye glued to the pillar of charcoal gray with that smirk on his stupid, handsome face and a twinkle in his blue eyes.

She huffed, barely coming to a stop before spewing her venom. "Resorting to after work stalking, are we? Or did you miss me already?" Ally smiled up, silently satisfied that she reached just below his chin now.

He bent his tall frame down, like he still couldn't hear her properly from his lofty height- prick. "I was just about to ask you the same question." He smiled.

"Excuse me?!"

"Well, why else would you be at my bar?"

"Your-" Ally stopped, shutting her mouth as the words sunk in.

"I did say I had other business ventures."

"So you're..."

"Here for work," he supplied her. "I'm checking in on things, but nice to see that you are already showing such support for our new partnership." He gave an evil wink.

"Not anymore." Ally huffed. Emotions Ally. Control, a small rational part of her brain reminded before she squashed it in a fit of rage.

"Too bad." He didn't sound at all upset. "See you next Thursday for our weekly meeting, then?"

"Try not to barge in this time. I'll make sure my secretary knows you're coming... Hello Hector." Ally gave a polite nod to the bearded man, who tipped his head quietly in return. She turned to leave, when the older gentleman beside him extended a liver-spotted hand for a shake.