Safe

"Hello this is a prepaid call from"

"Ski Daddy"

"An inmate at Florida Correctional Institution. This call is subject to recording and monitoring. To accept the charges press 1"

"Beep"

"Hello?" I said into the phone excited to hear from Stokeley.

"Hey mama how you doing?" I heard his deep voice say over the phone. He sounded tired but who wouldn't be when they're in jail.

"I'm good but that's not important how are you doing? When can I come get you?" I said frantically.

"Calm down EuEu and listen. I need you to go to my house and grab the safe from in my closet and take $10,000 out. The passcode is your birthday and when you get that come bail Jahseh and me out," he said to me as I listened to his instruction carefully.

"Okay I'm on my way there now," I said grabbing my purse and leaving my parents home.

"Okay I'll talk to you when you get here ma"

"Alright bye," I said before hanging up and making my way towards his house as I thought back on how we got here in the first place.

~Flashback~

After Dio had bussed in on Ski and me in bed. We got up and got dressed again. I convinced him somehow to come downstairs to the party. He was hesitant and wanted to stay in bed with me but agreed because he didn't want me leaving his sight. As we were about to leave Ski's room he grabbed my arm and pulled me back.

"Wait can I get another kiss real quick?" he said as he was already leaning in. I leaned in too but when our lips almost touched we heard a lot of commotion going on downstairs. But not the usual commotion that was already happening due to it being a party going on. We looked at each other before making our way downstairs. Once we got there we could hear Jahseh arguing with someone outside.

"Okay but why the fuck I just see you put something in my shorty drink for then? I should really lay yo ass out right now!" Jahseh yelled at some random guy. Dio was standing behind him looking scared while trying to calm Jahseh down. I went over to her and pulled her away just in case shit got hectic. Stokeley took over and tried to calm Jahseh down instead.

"What's going on?" I said looking at Dio but she was to busy looking at Jahseh.

"Uhm I g-guess Jahseh saw this guy put a roofie in my drink and he got pissed," she said looking worried.

"What the fuck? If jahseh doesn't whoop his ass I will then," I said becoming angry myself. Just as I said that I could hear a fist connect with someone's face. And it didn't sound pretty. I turned my focus back to the fight to see Jahseh beating the guy senseless. Another guy tried to jump in but Stokeley punched him dead in the face and then those two started fighting.

"Ayo break that shit up," I heard Tyler say as he came out of the house with Rakim following behind him. I could hear police sirens in the distance and I could feel myself starting to panic.

"Oh my god guys stop," I said grabbing Stokeleys arm but he only pushed me back and continued to stomp the guy out. The police came into the backyard and broke the fight up. They grabbed Jahseh and Stokeley and put the two on the ground as they handcuffed the them. Jahseh was fighting the officer back whereas Stokeley didn't put up a fight at all.

"Wait what the fuck? They didn't do anything wrong let them go!" Dio said yelling at one of the officers.

"No ma'am we got called for a disturbance and we found the disturbance. Plus you all have drugs in the house. Are one of you two boys the owner of this house?" The officer said looking between Stokeley and Jahseh.

"I don't got shit to say to you," Stokeley said rolling his eyes and turning his attention to me. I could feel my eyes watering and waves of sadness washed over Stokeley's face once he seen mine. I just got him back and now he's being taken away from me again.

"No don't cry mama. I'll call you as soon as I can. I'm gonna be alright I swear," he said as the officers dragged him and Jahseh towards the police car.

"Okay baby I love you"

"I love you too," he said before he was shoved in the car and the police pulled off.

~

I made my way to Stokeley's house and knocked on the door. Dio opened the door and pulled me into a hug. She looked so sad and I felt bad. We were in the same situation and we'll get through this together.

"Hey I'm gonna go bail Stokeley and Jahseh out right now. You wanna drive down there with me?" I said as I broke away from the hug and made my way upstairs with her following behind me.

"Yeah let me go grab my shoes from Jah's room," she said making a left down another hallway in the huge mansion.

I kept straight and entered Ski's room. I went straight into his closet and looked around for the safe. His closet was pretty big since it was a walk-in closet. I looked all around the closet and I couldn't find it anywhere. I sat down on the floor in defeat. I looked around until I noticed a shoebox sitting on the floor. It was out of place because most of his shoes seemed to be on a shoe rack in the closet. I went over to the box and moved it to see an latch on the floor. I opened it up and dug inside the floorboards and lifted out a very heavy safe. I placed it on the floor and dusted my hands off. I opened the safe and saw many stacks of money and two guns inside.

"The fuck Stokeley," I said before grabbing the amount of money I needed before placing the safe back where it was. I looked around and grabbed Stokeley's Stitch bookbag and stuffed the money inside. I made my way downstairs to see Dio waiting for me on the steps.

"You ready?" she said standing up and dusting her butt off.

"Yeah let's go," I said leaving out the house with her following behind me.

I gotta go get my man.