XI : Dalikamata

Cretil 24, 2095

Danny woke up to find himself by the nearby forest. He stood up quickly and rubbed his head and tried to remember why he was there in the first place.

Alex.

He stood up with the help of a tree, fixed his vision, and tried to focus. With his small amount of energy, he miracuously steadied himself.

Okay, enough of this.

Danny closed his eyes and heightened his senses. Using the muffled sounds of war from the distance, he mapped his track around the forest and found the quickest path.

Forest... hill... waterfalls... fields...

Cliff.

Danny decided it would be best if he camped at the two-sided cliff overlooking the field at the north and the waterfalls south. From there, he would expect the man carrying Alex would appear, if he wouldn't make a detour around the forest.

He opened his eyes and felt the adrenaline rushing through his body. Without the thought of what he would be facing, he ran. The trees weren't as thick and as high as he always expected from a Dalikamata forest. If it weren't for the enraging war, he was certain that different kinds of animals would be skittering around the bushes. Light showered around the forest providing a false peaceful scenario.

In the middle of the forest, an explosion erupted, causing the ground to shake. Danny stopped and steadied himself by a nearby tree and waited for it to stop. After the earthquake, the intense eerie silence of the forest immediately swept through his ears. He tried to control his breathing, but he wasn't sure if it would help him calm down. This wasn't something for him, he was young and just wanted to rob and chill and do normal teenager stuff he would see on tv.

But when a friend was in need of help, he would certainly had had to come in aid. That was what Aaron taught him.

He exhaled a huge amount of air before running again.

After a few minutes, he arrived at the cliff overlooking the plains, although it wasn't as high as he expected it to be.

The cliff overlooked what looked like a small dry trail, although it was very obvious that it was just recently used by the enemy soldiers because of the strange shoe prints. From the cliff, Danny could see the ominous reverse pyramid that took Aaron.

"This way," he heard someone from behind the trees said. He searched for the source of the voice but couldn't locate its exact position. Danny breathed carefully now and tried to make sense of what he heard and where it came from. Eventually, someone appeared from behind the trees walking on a fixed dry trail. Danny ducked immediately at the sight of the man.

He was bulky and muscular, no other words could describe his body type. He was wearing a white armor which looked like it could penetrate the strongest of bullets. On his right hand he was carrying a small gun with blue patterned lines of light blinking On his shoulder, a body remained limp. Danny was certain who it was at first sight. Laboratory coats, disheveled hair, and a petite tough build. It was Alex, and this was the moment he was waiting for. But the man wasn't alone, with him was a lady with the same armor but with a very bright violet hair cut neatly that reaches beneath her chin. On her hand, she was holding the same gun.

A static boomed the silent air and someone announced through their radio, "we're ending it here, everyone prepare for departure."

The two people nodded at each other and walked faster.

They had to stop. Danny prepared his fingers to snap and with it the energy he needed to generate a noise high enough to knock them out. He was aware this was going to be tiring, but he still would try.

"This is no place for a kid like you, you know."

Danny instantly turned around but he was too slow. A hand wrapped around his mouth tightly. He snapped his hands even though the energy wasn't enough, causing loud high music that made Alex's captors freeze in place, hands on their head as if supporting an invisible earmuff. Danny tried fighting, but the magic has cost him a bit, and he was still mildly recovering from the explosion.

"What are you doing here?" his captor asked.

"None of your business," Danny said while shooting a beam towards his captor. The man fell backwards. Danny tried to escape from his captor but he was too tired. The beam he sent wasn't strong enough anymore to make him faint. He used up all his energy on making a high pitched sound. His knees buckled and he felt his muscles suddenly lock.

He heard the soft stomping of his captor's foot. Slowly, his captor dragged him. Danny could no longer sense the trail and the people who captured Alex. The silence was gone and instead, a strong gushing of water replaced the deafening silence.

Danny wasn't himself anymore, he finally gave in. Not long after, the grip of the captor was gone, what replaced it was the feeling of falling down, the only thing accompanying him was the falling water from the top of the cliff.

Water. Again. Another attempt of saving a friend and he again failed. Alex would be so proud. What a fun life for a teenager.

Before he passed out, he heard someone shout his name, but he was too tired to even try to respond.

A/N:

AAAAAAAAAAA the drought has finally ended 👁👄👁, I'm going to be more active now as I do nOt have anymore schoolworks to do a a a a a a a a a. Hope y'all liked this chapter owowowo.