Those Bloody Details

Chapter One
(Emma)
Killian ran down the road pushing my wheelchair in front of him. He was gasping for breath and tripping now and then. I felt bad for making him push me, but I really had no choice in the matter and we were in a rush to get back to his cabin for a meeting.

Just ten minutes ago my life was as normal as it gets. Not a happy ending, but a happy medium. Being the savior that's as good as it gets. We had defeated the snow queen. I was enjoying a nice brunch with Henry.

Then a little hype appeared. Killian's sister came with a warning. I still do not have the details, but I will hear those at this meeting that we are going to be late for. Great.

We come around the corner and he quickly gets us to the steps. Not wanting to waste time pushing the wheelchair over the steps, he gently and quickly lifts me out of the wheel chair and climbs the steps. Using the rest of his energy, he carries me to the long dining room table in the room beside the kitchen.

My mom, Dad, Henry, Regina, Robin, Belle, Rumple, and Killian's sister are already at the table talking in worried voices. He sits me carefully in the hard chair and sits beside me.

"Sorry mates, we only have one pair of working legs between us." He says still out of breath. No one laughs. The mood in the room is tight. Everyone is wearing grim expressions and worried glances here and there.

"Someone explain what's going on." I demand.

Killian's sister speaks up with an accent similar to his, "Well princessa, I hate to meet you in such grim conditions but you've got another curse comin you way."

"Another curse?" I ask immediately after hearing her explanation.

"Afraid so. Allow me to explain myself." She responds. "Most of you know I'm Killian sister, Merceda. He probably never mentioned me because I ran away when I was fourteen and he was a little lad at just eight years old. I was a stowaway on a ship that was overtaken by pirates, and I became one of them. I've got somewhere over 200 years of pirate stories that you need not hear, but in the past I've dealt with a sea witch, goes by the name Ursula."

She pauses in a moment. By the look in their eyes, I can tell some of us recognize the name.

She continues on, "Well over the past few years she has became greedy, wanting more power then the creatures of the sea. She discovered an old spell that gives her legs when ever she wishes, and now she is looking for new subjects."

"Long story short, She wants trap all of the enchanted forest, including you, in her kingdom by changing you to merpeople." She says quickly and sorrowfully.

Belles face darkens, "I've read about this curse before. Curse of Mernia." She searched for words to describe it. "It.. uh.. It gives you a tail and all of the other things included in mermaids. The whole look, the dark thoughts, the siren voices."

Mary Margret's voices my worries, "How do we stop a curse that is coming from another land?" She asks Merceda.

"Well that's the thing, she's casting two curses. The dark curse, and then the curse of Mernia." She answers grimly. She must feel terrible for having to be the one to share this news.

"That witch won't have enough guts to gather the ingredients." Regina says looking rather annoyed.

"Actually, last I heard she already has the heart of the thing she loves most. She was on her way to Rumplestiltskin's palace for a few magical ingredients." Merceda says hesitanly, not wanting to take away our hope.

"How do we stop it?" My dad asks her.

"We don't. There's no way to stop the curse that is coming from their land." She says.

"How did she even get her hands on my curse?" Regina asks.

Merceda hesitates more then usual, "I'm afraid that's my fault. I obtained your spell awhile back and traded it to her for a bean over one hundred years ago."

Most of us ignore that fact, it will get us no where to blame her. "Is there nothing we can do?" Robin asks.

"We can prepare. Warn the town." I answer as hopeful as possible.

"The dark curse will take our memories.. And then we won't know to expect the next curse which will take our personalities.." Mary Margret realizes this as she says it.

"Well I do have a small plan." Merceda says with more confidence.
"If we were able to make hundreds of bottles of memory potion and give them out to your town then when the curse strikes we can all drink the potions."

"One problem dearie. We'll need to find a spell that allows the bottle to travel with us there." Rumple adds.

"Well your the bloody dark one, figure it out." She says strongly. He's slightly impressed with her change in mood and stays quiet, deep in thought.

"We can work on the spell for the bottles." Belle says for Rumple and herself.

"I'll start the potions." Regina adds.

"I'll help." Henry says to her.

Robin jumps in, "I'll take the Merry men to the library for information on this Ursula."

"We can tell the town." Mom says referring to her and David. Most of us start getting up prepping to leave and get started.

Merceda raises her hands motion for us to stop, "Wait. There's one more gruesome detail."

We all hold our breath.

"When the dark curse is cast, we will start popping into the realm of the enchanted forest, but most of us will be separated. There's no way to know where each person will end up." She says.

Killian closes his eyes and grabs my hand. All this time I was worrying about the town and myself, and he was sitting there worrying about me. What will become of us though?

--------------------------

Thoughts on first chapter?
Disappointed?
Satisfied?
Or better the expected?

Thanks for reading!
~Rachel Morgan