Shocked(Surprised)

New:

We were breathless by the time we reached my faculty his hand in mine. As we were about to enter the canteen I pulled him back.

He turned back and looked at me questioningly.

"Show me the photos Tay!"

I said trying to normalize my breath. 

"Okay... Let's get in first, My friends are waiting"

"No, I want to see the photos first" I said, I don't know how the photos are and i am not going to open them with strangers around. I might have made a slightly cute face.

"New, I am tired, I want to sit, Let's get in" Damn, Give up already Tay, I am not going in with out seeing my photos.

"No, I want to see my photos before anyone else" 

"Okay, I will make sure no one will see the photos except you, Even I won't see, Fine" He started dragging me in.

"Tay!" I pulled him back again

He sighed and handed me the camera. I smiled and took it from his hands.

He folded his hands infront of his chest standing in a relaxed position, waiting while I faced the camera towards me trying to switch it on.

Even after trying a few times, it didn't get powered up.  I lifted my eyes up to give him a glance and he was standing there smirking. I tried again and it didn't work. Finally, I had to give up.

"Tay, Its not powering up"

His smirk just grew wider as he pulled the camera from my hands and stepped back signing me to get in waving his hands. I took a deep breath to control my anger, Its gonna be difficult for me to deal with this stubborn guy. Knowing I didn't have much choice I stomped in and I was taken aback with the noise that greeted me. Its holidays and not a lot of people are seen around this time in the cafeteria.

I looked around and there was not actually a lot of people but that table in the middle is filled and the noise that six people are making was echoing in the silent building. It didn't take a genius to guess who they were with that uniform and the march sticks they had. I just stopped on my tracks suddenly getting uncomfortable.

But that was just for a second till a soft hand landed on my shoulder. 

"Don't worry I am here, They are not as bad as they look, they know how to respect personal space" He said mostly like a whisper in my ears

 I just nodded. It's not that i hate socialization, I just think talking unnecessarily is not a good thing when you can use that time in a better way, And Tay seems to have read my mind again.

"Let's order first, I am hungry" While the group was oblivious of our arrival, Tay just dragged me to the counter to order food.

We have all kinds of break fast including Chinese, English and Thai. He ordered fried Pork and Rice while I ordered Pan Cakes with Maple syrup. I am already craving for Sweet in the morning.

"Seriously, You are gonna have sweet this early in the morning" Tay asked with wide eyes. I just shrugged. It is what it is, Isn't it?

He shook his head vigorously as we walked towards his friends. 

Tay took the seat first and signed for me to sit beside him, almost guarding me with his body from his friends. 

"Hey Everyone this is New, New this is everyone" He said finally when they focused their attention on us.