Waking Up (Nagito x Hajime)

Hajime's POV:

I go to the Future Foundation headquarters along with Fuyuhiko, Kazuichi, Sonia, and Akane. The five of us are lead by Makoto Naegi to a large lab. We look to see doctors everywhere. We go into a sub room to see all of out friends in hospital beds.

It is a hard sight to see, for all of us. Fuyuhiko runs over to Peko, while Akane sprints to Nekomaru's.

Sonia walks to Gundhams bed, practically in tears and shaking. Kazuichi can't help but feel heartbroken. He slowly walks over to where his good friend, Ibuki is. He had no romantic interest in her, but she was like a sister to the mechanic and wanted to see if she was okay.

Hajime searches for Nagito, but he is no where to be found. He turns to Makoto.

"Where's Nagito?" I ask. He sighs.

"We sent the people closest to Junko Enoshima to a separate room. Nagito and Mikan are there. We figured they would potentially be most likely to fall back into despair." He responds.

"Can I see him?!"

"I don't know if its safe to in case they wake up and-"

"Please! Let me see him!" I beg. Please!

I know the things he had done... Everything from Teruteru to his own suicide. I know it all. But he hated himself. He thought he was trash. How his luck cycle could hurt the people he cared for, so he didn't care for anyone.

"Fine. Just don't tell the real Byakuya about this.." I nod and he leads me to the other side of the sub room inside the lab.

They were in a iron cube with a small window in the front. I looked through the window to see Nagito handcuffed to his hospital bed. He was dead asleep and he looked so relaxed, more than ever. There was an iron door, which tempted me.

"Do you want inside?" Makoto asks. I gulp and nod my head. He unlocks the door and I walk in.

"I'll let u two talk alone, its sound proof, but I'll be watching just in case he wakes up and tries to harm you." He says while closing the door.

I slowly walk to his bedside. God how I haven't seen his face in forever. His hair was a mess, and his under eyes purple. His cheeks were sunken in, looking like a husk. His body looked frail and very malnourished. He wore a white clean, plain white, short sleeve shirt.

I swallow.

I grab his hand. His boney fingers were cold and stiff. I missed him. I look at his sleeping face and smile.

"Please.. wake up. I miss you.." I say, remembering all of the times we talked in Jabberwock Island.

It's been months. I havent seen him once in those months. They wouldnt let anyone see them. They figured, if we did we might fall back into despair. But here I am.

"I.. I have hope you will wake up. And we can be together. Like in high school before all of this happened.."

I go back to in Hopes Peak Academy.

My days were boring and normal. Until I befriended the albino luckster. He was insecure, doubtful, and always smiling.

His views on things were definitely strange, but he was traumatized.

His dog, His parents, His talent.

Oh how his talent made him that way. His luck cycle. The way he talks about it makes me feel lucky to not have a talent. But I can't help but feel awful for him.

But, when we spoke, something in him came out. The real him.

The kind, soft spoken, sarcastic Nagito. I wish when he wakes up, he doesn't feel despair anymore. Only hope. Only happiness.