Relationship Issues (OumaSai)

i guess u can tell from the title that there is gonna be hella angst (also hinting at oumota but not rlly but kinda im sorry I don't like this ship, but its all for the angst guys)

a good playlist:

when i was your man- bruno mars
set fire to the rain- adele
sorry- halsey
tiny vessels- death cab for cutie
whole lotta- grandson, dreamers
drugs- eden
someone like you- adele
grenade- bruno mars
stay- post malone (cavetown cover)
will he- joji
happier- ed sheeran
romeo and juliet- hobo johnson
bitches broken hearts- billie eilish

now on w da story :)

Kokichi's POV:

Waking up, alone, with a dent in the bed and blankets covering me. It feels like a one night stand most of the time. He's always gone, leaving me here. I get he has to work, but he never makes time for us.

I'm probably just being selfish.

It wasn't always like this, you know. We used to be happy together and his work wasn't so time consuming. We used to go on date nights and hang out with our friends. I used to know him, but now it feels like he's a total stranger.

Now, when he's home, he spends most of his time in his stupid office doing his stupid work a during the whole stupid day.

I love him, I have for over the year we've been dating, but it feels like we are at a standstill in our relationship. Maybe he doesn't love me anymore..

..Has he gotten bored of me already?

I get up and check the time. It was a little passed 10. There was a note on the bedside table. It read:

———

Kaede asked to get breakfast this morning. I'll bring you home something.

-Shuichi

———

I stare at the note, feeling kind of jealous and shocked.

I felt jealous because he usually doesn't have much free time, and he chose to spend it without me, and on the girl who used to have a crush on him.

And shocked because usually when he writes me notes, he puts a little heart after his name. But it wasn't there.

Oh whatever. He was probably just in a rush! And I guess he hasn't talked to Kaede in a while, so that's normal.

I decide a walk around the town might do me some good.

I get on a white long sleeve and black jeans with checkerboard black and white vans. Just a regular October morning.

I leave our apartment and skip around the town with my earbuds in. All the empty shops along the crowded sidewalk. Mannequins from the inside looking out, dressed up like dolls. I wonder if they like what they wear.

I pass all the cute cafes Shuichi and I had dates on. Maybe this wasn't a good idea.

The streets smelled like apples and honey nectar. It looked like the clouds were about to start crying again. How gloomy.

Smiling, trying to brighten the sky's mood, I look through the windows, coming up with back stories for random people.

I reach a new coffee shop and look around. I then see Shuichi and Kaede in the shop. She moved her hand over Shuichi's, smiling her angelic smile. He was smiling also.

Immediately feeling a little crack in my heart form I run off. I doubt they saw me, they were too busy looking at each other to notice me anyways.

He wasn't cheating on me.. was he?