chapter one

Author note

bold and italics are him speaking from the future

bold is first-person memories

In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth. [2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. [3] And God said, Let there be light: and there was light...

In all honesty, God should have left the world to rot in the beginning

________________________________________________________________________________

When God created her angels, they all had a purpose, a job to do what her great plan should have been. Just like the seven angels of the week. There was Michael the angel of Sunday, He is known as the Epistle of Jude, Michael is specifically referred to as "the archangel Michael". Catholic sanctuaries to Michael appeared in the 4th century, when he was first seen as a healing angel, and then over time as a protector and the leader of the army of God against the forces of evil. Gabriel the angel of Monday, His name means "God is my strength," or "mighty one." Though he is not specifically called an archangel, he is a high-ranking angel. He stands in the presence of God and to him are given messages of the highest importance to the kingdom of God.

Raphael the angel of Tuesday, is "the angel of the spirits of men," and it is his business to "heal the earth." Uriel the angel of Wednesday, is the archangel of wisdom and philosophical illumination. Selaphiel the angel of Thursday, is often seen as the Patron Saint of prayer. He is said to help people interpret dreams, break addictions, protect children, preside over exorcisms, and rule over music in heaven. he is said to help people interpret dreams, break addictions, protect children, preside over exorcisms, and rule over music in heaven. Raguel or Jegudiel (as we angels call him nowadays) is the angel o Friday, the angel of justice and harmony works for God's will to be done in human relationships, so they can experience fairness and peace. Then last but not least there is Barachiel the angel of Saturday, known as the angel of blessings and this angel is also the chief of all of the guardian angels.

The Seven archangels taught the newer generation, to follow in their footsteps, to do as God said, do not ask about the great plan, and you have no say in what you do. Well, it was like that till one day Ryuk was created. God created him to be a leader, to do what Michael did, and lead in the next war and that was what he did with no questions asked for it was something he was taught to do on day one.
_______________________________________________________________________________

He didn't know that the demons he was killing were once angels, that decided to choose something that they wanted and not something God wanted. He couldn't fathom that the demons didn't want to kill the humans for being who they were, for having sinned, for being...them. The only thing that he knew was that demons did it the wrong way.

It was a battlefield that appeared to be anything but, the players unknowing of their roles and every one of them a double agent. I wish I could have told them all what reality is, how to choose the side that is love and healing... avoiding the chasms that open and the knives that appear in the hand without asking for them. Each sought to be on the right side, convincing themselves that they were. When they did the bidding of the darkness they made up stories to justify their actions rather than face what they had done. It takes someone strong to feel the sting of the dark-side and remain steadfast in a will to work only for the light - to see the dagger in hand at the exact moment you feel compelled to use it and still be loving and kind, to let the weapon clatter to the floor, soundless, unnoticed. That's what being a warrior for the light requires inner strength, a keen eye for noble and good opportunities to bring peace, health, and love - self-control to avoid doing service for the one who harms. That was the war, the one we won, but it was hard every day, turning for the better only when we became players instead of pawns, destined to protect our God.