Chapter 5 - A friend

"So, Tae, what have you been up to these years?" 

Bogum and Tae were talking at lunch break, sitting at the table in the cafeteria with Jimin and Yoongi.

What can I say? I stopped acting like an idiot, I came out as gay, I found the love of my life and lost him again. No, I can't tell him that.

"Ah, you know, I practiced a lot of singing and dancing, and managed to get in to this school. After that I practiced a bit more singing and dancing. And, yeah, that's more or less it." Tae said.

"So you must be really good at singing and dancing by now, then!" Bogum laughed raising his eyebrows. "I'd like to see you dance some day. You were such a show-off on the dance floor already in highschool."

"He's amazing." Jimin said. "You should see him for real."

"I can imagine."

Bogum looked at Tae appraisingly, from head to waist and finally back to his face. He locked eyes with Tae and smiled.

"So, Tae, how is ... your love life nowadays?" 

Bogum made it sound like a casual question, but at the same time giving Tae a look that signalled it was more than just polite curiousity.

Tae looked a bit hesitantly at Jimin and Yoongi. Jimin shrugged his shoulders, while Yoongi was just staring at Bogum suspiciously.

"Well ... Bogum, I'm not sure you know, but ... eeh ... I'm gay." Tae said looking down at his hands.

"Oh, he knows." Yoongi mumbled.

"Ah, Tae, I knew that. Or at least I guessed. I don't mind." Bogum said.

No, you don't mind, cause you're fucking gay, too. And don't think we don't notice how you look at Tae, Yoongi thought.

Bogum looked away out of the window.

"So, you in a relationship with someone, Tae?" Bogum continued.

Tae was silent not knowing what to answer. He thought about JK, missing him so much his heart hurt.

It was Yoongi who finally answered, in a rather threatening tone.

"He's taken, Bogum. Not by me, but he's taken. So don't even try."

Yoongi stood up, picked up his bag and turned to leave for the next class.

Bogum, Jimin and Tae all stared at Yoongi. Then they picked up their bags and followed him.

———— 

JK was having lunch with his good friend, a cute boy from another school group. Jin and Namjoon came over and sat down at their table.

"How are you keeping up, JK?" Jin asked.

"Why? What's wrong, JK?" the cute friend asked.

"Sorry, I didn't have time to tell you yet." JK sighed. "I sort of broke up with Tae. Accidentally."

"You accidentally broke up with Tae?"

The cute boy stared incredulous at JK.

"JK, sorry, but how do you 'accidentally' break up with someone? And how the hell ... you and Tae ... no ... you must be kidding me!" he said.

JK told him. Jin and Namjoon listened sympathetically.

"You did the right thing, JK." Jin said.

"Yeah, sure JK, it sounds as if he's been treating you really badly! You can't let your boyfriend treat you like that." said the cute boy who had some experience of bad relationships.

He also had a crush on JK since way back, but he knew he never stood a chance against Tae. He knew he shouldn't get his hopes up. And anyway, he didn't want JK to be sad. 

But you really deserve better than Tae, JK. Why do you have to love him?

"He's right, JK. But Tae will come to his senses, I'm sure, he'll sort it out and he'll come back to you." Namjoon said.

"Don't worry about me, guys. I'm okay. I haven't lost hope. I'm just so pissed off at him right now." JK said.

I do love Tae, though. However long I'll have to wait, I guess I'll wait for the fucking idiot.

"Who is that guy over there having lunch with Tae, Jimin and Yoongi?" Jin asked looking over at the table where the other guys were sitting with Bogum.

JK looked in the same direction.

"I have no idea. Never seen him before. He must be a new student." JK said.

"Looks like he knows Tae, though." Namjoon said.

"Yeah ..." JK said staring at them.

Fuck it, Tae can have lunch with whoever he wants! I'm not jealous. And Tae's a fucking idiot anyway.

———— 

"Yoongi, what was that about? Why did you sound so menacing to that Bogum guy? He was nice, wasn't he?" Jimin asked in a low voice outside the next class room.

"Actually, I'm not sure he is. Can't say why, but I think Tae should stay away from him." Yoongi said.

"But he's an old friend of Tae's!"

"Old friend, yeah sure, but he's more interested in Tae than just as an old friend. Couldn't you see? If that guy doesn't have his mind on fucking Tae's ass the first chance he gets, I know nothing about people."

"Yoongi! What the fuck, you don't even know if he's gay!"

"Oh, yes I know. Remember I've been practising this gay radar since I was 15, boy. That guy is gay, I tell you."

"But Tae would never ... he's got JK." Jimin said.

"Who just broke up with him. Because you told him to. You didn't take this into account. I see trouble, Jimin." Yoongi said.

"Nah, you don't have to worry, I'm sure. Tae loves JK." Jimin said.

-----