25. I Thought You Were Dead

A/N: This was so much fun to write! I hope I didn't get too much wrong, but I haven't seen or read the Deathly Hallows in such a long time! (It makes me too sad usually) FYI: In this imagine Draco is not fighting on the Dark Lord's side even though he has his dark mark. Does that make sense? Nothing makes sense to me anymore, I am sorry.

requested by: gryffindork_123 (dm me if you have your own requests!)

You were 18 and you could practically taste the freedom, you just needed to get through the rest of this school year in one piece. Only this year it wouldn't be so easy, you still had to face the final battle between the Dark Lord and Harry. Every time you thought about it you would get nauseous. Harry was your friend, your best friend.

"Y/n?" Hermione waved a gentle hand in front of your face. You shook yourself out of your daydream and gave her an unconvincing smile.

"I'm here, sorry," but you still sounded far away. You, Hermione, and Ron were in the library, trying to figure out some sort of plan.

"It's ok," she said softly, "do you know where Harry is? I think we should start forcing him to come to these library sessions."

"Yeah, we need to let him know he's not alone," Ron added. The library door opened, making Ron whip his head around. There was a bookshelf blocking the view, but once the people started talking, you recognized who it was in an instant.

"Malfoy." You said through clenched teeth. Ron and Hermione looked at each other nervously. If everyone thought Harry and Draco's rivalry was bad, they clearly hadn't witnessed you and Draco.

The voices were coming closer and closer until you finally turned around and saw his white hair. He had Crabbe and Goyle with him, who were nothing but oversized rats to you.

You took a deep breath and saw Draco walking towards you his sleeves messily rolled up, making his dark mark on accidental display. Only the very tip of it was visible, but you had seen it before and it burned into your memory forever. Just one look and it made you fuming.
-
The first time you saw it was around the time he got it when he was 16. You saw him shirtless over the summer when you both coincidentally went to the same lake for vacation with your families. Your eyes could not tear away from the vile tattoo on his forearm. When he caught you staring at his bare chest and arms, he flipped you off.

Your brain could not comprehend why he would have that. Yes, he was an idiot, but there always seemed to be something holding him back. That no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't bring himself to be a vile person, or at least as vile as his parents.
-
Once it was clear he was coming over to talk, you slammed the open books on the table shut and stood up.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite minger, y/n." He sneered. No matter what foul things he called you, he always used your first name. You always thought he kept that reserved just for his forever-increasing hatred towards you.

"Tough talk coming from a munter. What do you want, Draco?" You crossed your arms and furrowed your brows. Draco hardly missed a second.

"Can't a guy be curious about a suspicious group in the library. I have a right to know just as much as the next man." Crabbe and Goyle nodded in agreement.

"Calling yourself a man is an overstatement, but alright. We were just studying, you know? Then again, I guess you wouldn't know." Hermione's eyes widened and Draco scanned your face with an unreadable expression.

"Training for the ballet?" He cocked his head to the side. Merlin, he was so annoying you wanted to slap him.

"I don't even know what you're talking about." You didn't even notice you were raising your voice.