Mom? Mom!

The sister sat staring at her computer screen repeating the words....no no no. As she sat trembling on her bed on the 15th floor of our apartment, she had traced the exact location of the registered phone number. And it was right below her, 14th floor - My house.

4th name...no...5th name....oh my god. I did not expect to see this name! My best friend had cancer? God. There's the connection between the two murdered girls, they were in the same cancer program. I stood up, ready to leave.

But I kept reading. 6th name...no...7th name....no...where was the one that I was searching for? 8th name...no! Ah! found it, 9th name - Me.

"HELLO DEAR? ARE YOU THERE? COME HOME FAST, PLEASE." it was my mother's voice. Her feet were rushing against the stone grey steps. Almost there...10th floor. Just 4 more. 

"HELLO? YEAH...WHAT'S WRONG?" came the voice from the other end of the phone.

"ALL THE GIRLS WERE....YOUR FATHER'S PATIENTS...JUST LIKE YOU." my mother's voice was strangely placid. 

I could hear a sudden thrash from the other end of the phone. "MOM? MOM?" my voice had turned itself into a scream. The line cut with a beep and I jolted into a sprint.

I was near my building now, my heart racing uncontrollably. I could feel a buzz in my ears as the lift rushed me up. My palms were cold. My breath hung in the silence of my unimaginable fate.