Chapter 1 - Lionpaw

Lionkit came out of the nursery, yawning. His fur tingled with excitement. I'm going to be an apprentice! he thought enthusiastically. Lionkit padded back into the nursery.

 "Silverkit! Silverkit!" Silverkit looked at him stubbornly. 

 "Seriously Lionkit? Why do you have to wake me up so early?" she mewed. 

 "Because we are going to be apprentices!" he said quivering with happiness at the thought of him and his best friend, Silverkit, learning how to fight and hunt. 

 "Oh, I forgot! Thats right!" Silverkit said as she bounded up to him. 

 "Hi guys!" Lionkit turned around. His sister, Fawnkit, trotted up to him and Silverkit. Velvetkit followed closely behind. 

 "Im so excited." Velvetkit squeaked. 

 "Me too" Silverkit replied.

 Lionkit looked around ThunderClan camp. Cats were starting to wake up. Warriors were stretching outside the den. The air was crisp and cool. It was a lovely morning of newleaf and Lionkit couldn't wait to learn how to hunt. I'm going to the best warrior in ThunderClan! he thought proudly. 

 "Silverkit!" Silverkit turned her head towards the nursery. Her mother, Lilyfall, had walked outside. "You have to be groomed, you are a mess, Silverkit!". 

"Aw, Mother" Silverkit sighed. "Well, you want to look nice for your big day don't you?" Lilyfall purred with amusement. Silverkit sighed and trotted back into the cozy nursery. 

 Lionkit laughed. "Poor Silverkit!"

 But just then, he could hear his mother, Brindleheart, calling him and Fawnkit inside the nursery for their grooming.

Lionkit was sitting next to Silverkit. Next to Silverkit, were her littermates, Cloverkit and Hawkkit. Then there was Fawnkit, Velvetkit, and Flowerkit. All of them were trembling with excitement. Lilyfall was licking Cloverkit. 

"Mother get off me!" she mewed to her stubbornly. 

 Silverkit beamed up at her father Spruceclaw. "Are you ready?" he whispered to his three kits. "Yes!" exclaimed Silverkit, Cloverkit, and Hawkkit. 

 Then, after he escaped his mother's grooming, Lionkit saw Thornstar pad down from the rocks that lead to his den. 

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather here beneath the Highrock. It is time to gain a lot of apprentices." he announced.

  This is it! Lionkit thought has he beamed at Silverkit, who beamed back. 

"Fawnkit, Lionkit, Silverkit, Cloverkit, Hawkkit, Velvetkit, and Flowerkit have all reached six moons and I believe that they are all worthy enough to become apprentices." Thornstar meowed. 

 He waited until the noise calmed down.

 Then Thornstar shouted, "Cloverkit!". 

The white and gray tortoiseshell kit bounced forward. 

"Until you have earned your warrior name, you will be known as Cloverpaw." "Cloverpaw! Cloverpaw! Cloverpaw!" everyone chanted.

 "Your mentor will be Flamepelt. Flamepelt, I believe you will train this apprentice well." Thornstar said. 

"I will not let you down Thornstar." Flamepelt mewed. Flamepelt trotted over to Cloverpaw, grinning.

 "Hawkkit!" the leader spoke. "From this day forward until you have received your warrior name, you will be known as Hawkpaw". There was a brief chanting of "Hawkpaw". "Hawkpaw, your mentor will be Whitebelly."