Chapter 4 - Silverpaw

"Oh Silverpaw, there's this huge tick that I feel on my tail. Do you mind getting that?" one of the elders, Lavenderpool, asked.

Silverpaw held back a groan, staying as far away from Flowerpaw as possible.

At least it was their last day of punishment.

Silverpaw wasn't sure she could stand Halfmask's complaining.

After she finished removing Lavenderpool's tick with mouse-bile, she emerged from the elder's tree, grateful for the sunlight.

"All cats old enough the catch their own prey gather beneath the Highledge for a clan meeting!"

The white and silver apprentice's gaze focused on Thornstar, who was sitting formally on top of the Highledge.

She sat down, neatly placing her tail over her black paws, and watched as the rest of ThunderClan gather around.

Lionpaw came back from hunting patrol and trotted over to sit next to Silverpaw after he dropped his catches in the fresh-kill pile.

"I wonder what Thornstar is going to announce." the golden tom whispered to her.

"Well, I'm pretty sure there's a gathering tonight so maybe he's going to chose who's coming...I hope I can go this time." 

Silverpaw wasn't able to go last time because of the punishment that Flowerpaw got her into.

If Thornstar chooses me to go I can finally see what's going on with the other clans...and catch up with the other apprentices, Silverpaw thought eagerly.

"As most of you know, there is a gathering tonight and I will choose the cats who get to go." the brown furred leader announced.

Many cats turned to each other and chatted excitedly.

Thornstar cleared his throat and the conversation died down.

The ThunderClan leader then called out the names of cats who would be going.

Silverpaw heard her name and she celebrated silently in her head.

Lionpaw as also going, which made her heart filled with joy.

Stop! You and Lionpaw are just FRIENDS. You do not like him like that. Silverpaw scolded herself.

But the white and silver tabby couldn't help but stare at Lionpaw's golden fur.

Fawnpaw noticed her staring and slightly narrowed her eyes.

Silverpaw quickly glanced anywhere else but the golden tom when she saw her friend's expression. 

She looked at Lionpaw again and blushed when he flashed his sweet smile at her.

The full moon was beaming down as the chosen cats of ThunderClan followed their leader through the forest to Fourtrees.

All of the apprentices got to go as with many of the warriors and the deputy.

ThunderClan emerged from the bushes into the clearing where RiverClan was already waiting.

"Thornstar." the leader of RiverClan, Twigstar, dipped her head towards ThunderClan's leader as he leapt on top of the leader's rock.

"Greetings, Twigstar." Thornstar said respectfully.

"Oakstar and Blossomstar should arrive shorty." the beige tortoiseshell mewed, flicking her tail. 

Silverpaw lanced around at the sleek RiverClan cats.