Sam's Problem

Sally and Sam were on their way home from school, and since it was Friday, Sam had decided to go over Sally's house for the weekend. Although, Sally had noticed Sam had been aloof  their entire walk. Such as spacing out when she's talking, and he's smiling wider than his normal smile.

When they get to her house, they greet her father Slender, then go up the stairs to her room. Sally and Sam place their things on the rack, and Sally huffs.

"Alright Sam, what's going on?" asked Sally. Sam looked at her, then tilted his head as if he had no idea about what she was talking about.

"What do you mean?" Sam said and giggled. Sally eyed him.

"You know what I'm talking about. What is going on with you? It's like you've been aloof since we came from school!" said Sally. Sam blushed and looked away. Sally walked over to him, and sat next to him.

"It's okay, you can tell me." said Sally. Sam took a deep breath.

"I have a crush on a girl in my class." Sam said, and Sally gasped, causing Sam to bite his lip in embarrassment.

Sally stumbled back in shock, she couldn't believe her ears. Sam had broken one of their rules. Rule number 16, you can never have a crush, for it might distance us from each other.

"But...Sam-"

"I know! I know our rules, which is why I felt so bad!" said Sam, and put his hands on his head, as if he was stressed.

"Who is it, anyway?" asked Sally, crossing her arms.

"Her name is Jane..." said Sam, and Sally shook her head. She was fighting back tears, scared that she might lose her best friend to some girl in his class.

Midnight and Akamaru noticed this, so Midnight curled up onto her shoulder, and Akamaru put his head in her lap. Sally is unable to stop a loud sniff, and Sam turns to her, and notices that she's tearing up.

"Oh Sally.." Sam said sorrowfully, and crawled over to her and hugged her. Sally started to cry.

"I-It's just t-that, I noticed what happened with Olive and Oxen when they started dating, they didn't come visit either of us often anymore. I'm just scared that you'll run off with her and never come back to see me!" said Sally. Sam sighed and slightly smiled. Sam sometimes forgets that she's only seven years old, especially with how mature she acts most of the time.

"I'm never going to just leave you Sally, especially not for someone else. You're like my little sister, I couldn't do that to you." said Sam, and Sally looked up at him with tears in her white eyes.

"Plus, it's just some silly school crush, it's a part of life." Sam said, and Sally smiled, and took her glasses off to wipe her eyes. Sam smirks.

"Who knows, maybe you'll get one too." Sam said, and Sally stared at him in disgust.

"Never in a million years." said Sally. But then she got thinking. She did remember some kid named Hoodie in her class that actually spoke to her on free will. She found herself blushing but quickly shook it away. Sam then asked for his forgiveness for breaking the rules, and Sally agreed to let it go, but under one condition, that they play super smash bros. A game that Sam absolutely sucked at. Sam sighed, but agreed.