Chapter 1

Bang. Bang. Bang.
       "Geez Erin. Can you take any longer?" my lovely roommate Beth yells from outside the bathroom door.
       "Beth, can you yell any louder?" I say while rolling my eyes and putting my messy hair into a top.
       "You know I'm not a morning person," I say while opening the small bathroom door of our college dorm to an annoyed Beth with her hands on her hips. "At least I'm up and ready so we have time to grab coffee before class."
       Beth and I are majoring in Art History at the University of Pennsylvania. Since little girls we have dreamt of working with each other at the Philadelphia Museum of Art. Most peoples dream career are nursing or cosmetology, but we have always had a drawn to art that no one else around us accompanies. That explains our inseparable bond with each other since the age of 10.
       Beth is wearing her favorite pair of ripped jeans and a lilac crop top cut in a low v-neck. While I'm wearing my favorite band sweatshirt and black pair of leggings. She's such a try hard, though she does get her way with our guy professors all the time so maybe I should take some notes from her.
       "Really Laurel? It's our first day of freshman year and you're going to wear that to class?" Beth asks while opening the door to the hallway as I grab my bag and books.
       "Sorry, I don't have the energy to get up at 6 in the morning to put on a full face of makeup and cute outfit just to come back after class and take it all off. You're not good at selling me the whole try to make myself not look like a slob thing." I say while elbowing in the ribs playfully making her laugh and shake her head.
       Even though I'm putting on the act of I don't care. I'm really nervous to see how class is going to go today. It's the start of our dream career together. I couldn't sleep last night making sure in my head that I have everything prepared. But Beth doesn't need to know that or she will give me a 10 minute lecture on why I am too hard on myself.
       "Blake and his roommates are going to meet us at the cafe. Mom wants him and I to get a first day picture together." Beth says while saying with a sad smile. Beth and Blake are sibling. And Beth being 3 hours away from her parents for the first time in her whole life, is really having hard time. It's only been a week and she's FaceTimed them every night. Even though I love the Peters, I hate seeing Beth being upset.
       Blake on the other hand doesn't have any issues being away from home. It's his junior year here at University of Pennsylvania and he's loving every minute of freedom. In high school, he was the typical tall, tan soccer player. Every girl wanted to go to the homecoming and prom dances with ole lover boy. But he was the reason to get me and Beth into all the parties so I guess we can't complain much.
       As we walk in the cafe its not hard to spot Blake and his roommates right away. Over in the corner of is Blake sprawled out in a big leather chair looking bored as hell while his 3 roommates on the couch to his left, flirt with some girls in way too short dresses that just got their iced frappes. Basic.
       "Grab our spot," Beth points to the line of people waiting to get their caffeine start of the day. "And I'll go hurry and take a picture with Blake before my curls fall."
       I watch Beth points at Blake's shirt giving him an attitude for having not pressed off his clothes. Typical Peter kids clashing with each others personalities.
       I get our usual 2 large cups of iced black coffee with 1 creamer in each, and then head over to where Beth and Blake are standing by the cafes aesthetically pleasing fireplace for a picture taken by one of the girls with the short dress.
       "Okay see if you like it!" The girl says in a high pitch squeal.
       "It's great. Thanks." Beth says with a polite smile but I can tell she's annoyed with this overly hyper chick.
       I hand her the coffee and give Blake a nod. "What's up freshie?" He says in my direction while taking a look over what I'm wearing.
       "Doing wonderful. How about you lover boy?" I say with a bored expression before I look to Beth to see if she's ready to go.
       "Better now that I'm not getting bitched at by little sis here." Blake says while falling back in the chair he was sitting in before.
       "Let's go. We need to get to class before we are late." Beth says with a sigh. "Some of us actually take our class seriously unlike others."
       "Bye!" I yell to Blake while following Beth out the back door. "So I take it you all haven't made up since your fight yesterday."
       "He's so arrogant." Beth says with an angry tone. "He's always so rude to mom and dad. And they do everything for him yet this is how he treats them."
       Beth and Blake fight on the daily but ever since Blake started college, it's been hard on the Peters with his rebellious behavior of not wanting to be the son they used to know.
       "Oh well, I'll call him later about it." Beth says. "But I can't believe we are about to take our first college class E!"
       "I know, we are adults now." I say to Beth acting as if I'm sniffling and crying which makes us both laugh.
       Here is our start. Nothing is going to come between our dream. I grab Beths arm and we walk up the front stairs of the Jaffe building.