CHAPTER FIVE

Awakening in the hospital wing in school was what Nimah had expected—except it wasn't

Awakening in the hospital wing in school was what Nimah had expected—except it wasn't. Instead, she woke in St. Mungo's.

She was confused but the movement of her body had racked her into intense pain, and before she could utter a word—she felt the warmth of two hands on each of her hands.

As she was still panicked, she directed her head to the direction that her parents were both stood.

"Mum? Dad?" She barely was able to mutter because of how parched she was.

Her parents both smiled faintly at her, both relieved to see her awake—but while neither couldn't hug her freely—bearing in mind with her injury, they held back and just held her hand.

"Nimi," Sirius said first as he brought her hand to his face," You gave us a bloody fright"

Nimah forced a smile and squeezed his hand," Careful, Dad you'll grow more grey hair"

Sirius chuckled as he peered to his wife who was holding back her tears," Love, you can cry you know"

Nimah faced her mother and before she could say anything her mother started bawling uncontrollably," Mum..."

"Shh, Sweetie...let me...let me cry for a bit" Kaia waved her hand as Nimah allowed her mother what she asked. However, as her mother eventually calmed down—her older brother and sister in law were both quick to enter the room.

The soon to be mother and father appearing a mess—one that Nimah couldn't help but take the blame for. Though both chided her that it was only natural they'd worry.

The thing was that while Nimah sat in bed and watched her family—she noticed that they were all avoiding on telling her what she already knew, especially since it's her own body.

How couldn't she know?

"So, tell me," Nimah said getting their attention," How bad is it? My injury?" Her parents both shared a look and their faces fell at the words that the nurse and doctor had broken to them.

Her brother was also curious because just like Nimah he only heard she was admitted into St. Mungo's—their parents were very vague when they contacted him. Both not wanting to say the bad news over paper.

"I can still feel my feet, so is it safe to say I'm not paralyzed?" Nimah asked under the silence

"Yes, you're not paralyzed" Kaia started," But...your back is injured and you can't..."

"Can't what?" Nimah's voice cracked in fear at the next words.

The words she never wanted to ever hear.

Sirius held her hand as even he had wanted to cry because this injury just stole his daughter's dream. Her dream to make it as a professional Quidditch player.

When the next words came out of her mother's mouth—the world slowed down and the rest of the words that she didn't bother to care for turned muffled.

She wanted to resist the scream forming down her throat. She wanted to resist from breaking down—but, how could she?

Especially when she just felt her world tumble down.