CHAPTER SEVEN

Nimah had spent her long summer rehabilitating and while there were minor setbacks—She was finally allowed to go home

Nimah had spent her long summer rehabilitating and while there were minor setbacks—She was finally allowed to go home. When she did, she was relieved that her family and extended did not treat her like she was fragile.

In fact, after a couple of days back home—she even entertained the lot with making jokes about her injury. Though at first, it made them worried—after a while, they didn't feel like walking on thin ice about the subject.

They understood immensely that this was how she coped and they gladly accepted the process.

When Nimah and Fred finally found their time to speak—both ended up spending hours arguing that it was their own fault.

However, as crazy as it might seem—at the end of their argument the pair finally came to an agreement that they'd call it a truce, and never bring the subject back up. However, it was hard for Fred to just accept it, but he did it anyway because he was not as easy-going as the rest of his family.

He still felt the faltering guilt, but despite the feeling—he knew better to continue and remind Nimah of something she wanted to not think about.

"I swear, once the new school year begins—the least you can do for me is make sure no one tries and smother's me like a newborn hippogriff" Nimah declared to James and Fred that she was currently with at the burrow.

It was almost tradition for the three on the night before their first day back to Hogwarts—they'd spend the night at the Burrow. While she and Fred usually spent most of the night competing in games and James just adding fuel to the fire—the three were without a doubt the infamous trio that seemed to run in their families.

"And what shall Milady want us to do for her?" James added in a posh tone making her throw a pillow at him.

"Shove off you git," Nimah grumbled incoherently, but before she could continue James had started to mock her which led to them throwing insults to each other.

Fred leaned on his hand and watched the two bickering—while things on the outside seemed to be going well, for him it was far from it.

Deep down, he wanted her to yell at him—He wanted Nimah to just say it was his fault. He acted as if he was over it, but until she said those words to him—he just couldn't keep the act up.