Chapter 1

Tamaki's pov

I walked through the mostly empty streets towards the train station. I had just finished my first day of work studies at Fat gum's agency and it was horrible. There were so many people staring at me throughout the day. I just wanted to go home. I stumbled back when someone ran right past me and into an alley. I looked down when I heard tin scraping against the ground. Rolling along the ground was a can of soup. I bent down to pick it up.
'Maybe I should return this to them?' I thought. I looked down the small, dark street. I fought hard against my anxiety to even take a step into that alley. Each step was difficult with the rising anxiety that built up in my chest. The warning tape that was put up halfway through the alley didn't ease that feeling.
'Was that a villain that had ran past? Am I going to stumble upon a villain hideout or something? What if it is and I mess up? They might see me and move' I fretted. I did my best to swallow the lump in my throat before taking a step forward. I ducked under the fading yellow tape. As I walked along the small alley, it opened up quite a lot. It wasn't until I reached the end that I realized why. The buildings on either side were broken, open to the world and falling to pieces like there was a big battle here. I turned around, spotting something on the ground, this time a single apple. I picked it up, dirt falling off it and onto the ground. I walked in the direction that I had seen it in, picking up the smell of smoke. I ducked down behind one a chunk of wall. I looked over the side, spotting a small fire in the middle of what I could only guess was an old living room from the broken couch and armchair that sat around the fire. Sitting on one side of the couch that dipped in the middle was a girl with long black hair that had wisps of white mixed in, munching on a large chunk of bread. I looked around. There was no one else. I could handle one person right? I stepped out from behind the wall. It didn't take them more than 5 seconds to notice me, looking up at me with narrowed eyes.
"Who are you?" she challenged, jumping to her feet and quickly getting into my personal space. I ducked down, not comfortable with this invasion of my personal space.
"I.......um........You........Y-You d-dropped th-this" I stuttered, offering her the can and apple. She looked at them for a second before gently taking them from my hand. She turned around and walked back over to the couch, sitting down on the old cushion.
"A-are y-you a......a vi-vil-villain?" he asked.
"No. If you were sent by the heroes to come after me then just leave" she grumbled, pulling out an old dented pot from under the couch. I shuffled in place. She looked up at me, raising an eyebrow. I lifted my gaze to look at her. She was wearing an old t-shirt which was too small for her and served more as a croptop, showing her very slim figure. The shorts did the same. I pulled my bag off my back, rummaging through what was inside. I found some leftover chicken from my meal earlier which I had saved in case I needed it. Didn't end up needing it. I pulled out the tub and offered her it. She looked at me with confusion.
"I-its cold b-b-but it should b-be........a de-decent meal" I mumbled. She gently took the tub from me, opening the lid and looking at the contents.
"What is this?" She asked, poking at the contents with her finger. I noticed the 2 fingered gloves she was wearing.
"C-chicken. Its f-food" I stutter. She picks up one of the slices and nibbles on it before eating the rest.
"This is good" she states. I go to turn around.
"Hey. What's your name?" she asked.
"A-amajiki" I reply, fidgeting with my hands.
"Kiyoko. Thanks for the food" she thanks. I nod before walking back over to where the tape was so I could go get the train.