Chapter 2

Noya's pov

I crouched in the alley that led to my home, watching all the different people walk by. I crossed my arms, sighing slightly at the boring mundane lives of these people. They did nothing that interested me. I fiddled with a strand of hair, curling it around my finger repeatedly.
"Hey!" someone yelled. I looked over in the direction of the sound. Someone had grabbed an old lady's bag and was running off. They were going to run right past me. I removed one of my 2 fingered gloves, gently pressing the pads of all 5 fingers against the ground. The pavement quickly corroded, splitting and leaving a deep crevice in its place. The man skidded to a halt, nearly falling right off the edge but he was pulled back by someone else. I put my glove back on, stretching my fingers out since they were slightly cramped. I looked at my arm which was turning red and swelling slightly. The pain was pretty bad too. I placed my other arm over my stomach at the horrible sensation that had found its way into my stomach. I bent over, quickly throwing up before standing up again with my tongue sticking out in disgust.
"A-are y-you a-a-alright?" someone mumbled. I turned to see Amajiki.
"What are you doing here?" I ask.
"I-I was i-in town. I-I had to d-do a d-day pa-patrol with F-fatgum so I j-just got off" he mumbles, fiddling with the sleeve of his blazer. His eyes looked down at my swollen wrist and forearm.
"Y-you're h-hurt" he points out. "Its nothing. I'm fine. It'll go away in a few hours so long as I don't use my quirk again" I explain, waving my arm to dismiss him.
"W-was that you?" he asked, looking at his feet.
"Yeah. That was me" I sigh, shoving my hands into the pockets of what used to be jeans and was now just shorts. He looked at my arm again, examining it.
"T-that l-looks like an i-in-infection" he mutters. I look down at my arm again.
"Its not that big of a deal. It's not an infection. Just a side effect of my quirk. It looks kinda gross though" I explain, looking at the slightly blistered skin. He reaches out to touch it but I pull my hand back.
"Don't touch. It hurts when you touch it" I explain, hiding my hand behind my back. His pointed ears twitch slightly.
"S-stay there. I-If that's al-alright. I-I'll be back in a-a bi-bit" he explains before quickly running off, leaving a white suitcase behind. I kneel down next to the suitcase, flicking the clips up and looking inside. A white cape with a hood is neatly folded inside, gold patterns on the hood. There was also a black jumpsuit and purple bags that would be strapped onto one's chest. It was overall, very nice