Chapter 12

"Jeong Hyeok, it's been an hour since we left Sigriswil and we've only crossed Bönigen. Are you driving a Range Rover or a bullock cart, ahjusshi?" Se Ri speaks, looking outside the window of their car, frustrated by Jeong Hyeok's slow driving.

"The village is populated. You see, there's a cow ahead. It's better I drive slow than constantly press the breaks and give you jerks. Relax a few minutes more, we're almost in Iseltwald." Jeong Hyeok replies, his hands firmly holding the steering wheel and eyes affixed on the road ahead which has an endless line of rural houses on one side and lake view on the other.

" Jeong Hyeok replies, his hands firmly holding the steering wheel and eyes affixed on the road ahead which has an endless line of rural houses on one side and lake view on the other

"Should have come here by a boat." Se Ri speaks, her eyes set on a steamship, steadily crushing on the blue waters of Lake Brienze. "Lötschberg."

"No. It's not safe for you to take boat rides. I'm driving as smoothly as I can. Besides, you get to admire the view of this beautiful village  since we've taken the road." Jeong Hyeok looks at Se Ri before setting his eyes on road again. "Oh, look there are sculptures on the shore." He points his finger at the distance.

"Oh, thank you so much, Jeong Hyeok. Had you not pointed it out to me, I wouldn't have guessed it's a sculpture." Se Ri gives a sarcastic reply. "Tell me about it."

Lake Brienz is a beautiful turquoise colour lake that connects many small villages and out of which, Iseltwald lies on the south shore. The villages brim with lakeside shops, restaurants and chalets. As peaceful as the village life in small towns along the shore is, the lake attracts thousands of tourists from all over the world. Iseltwald town has a rural backdrop with small wooden huts and houses, local shops and eateries and even cattles, mainly cows that are a common sight. Jeong Hyeok pulls up the car having reached their destination.

 Jeong Hyeok pulls up the car having reached their destination

"We're here." He gets out of the car, opens Se Ri's door and takes her hand."Come. It's our place."

Se Ri gets out, her hand still in his and starts walking with him.

"Careful." Jeong Hyeok sees a rock on the ground and grabs Se Ri's shoulders, making her divert her course and dodge it.

"I saw it, Mr. Ri." Se Ri grins. "My life-long bodyguard."