chapter 1

Chapter 1

Ana pov

"Miss Fernandez "

"Miss Fernandez "

"Miss Fernandez, could you answer a few more questions? Miss Fernandez, excuse me Miss Fernandez?"

A dozen of reporters shoving their microphones in my face, the security team couldn't even get me into the building. For the past 23 days the food consumption scandal had been the talk of the town, it costed the  company it's good image. Especially when videos and pictures of people affected by the products surfaced. Stock prices had dropped and the company had received a bad name, giving the investors plenty of reasons to leave.

Eventually after fighting my way through the hoards of reporters, I made it to the elevator, but the security team remained outside to keep the reporters outside.

After entering the elevator, I finally had a moment to myself. The press conference is today to address all the allegations and issues. My train of thought broke when I heard the bell indicating I reached the top floor. Walking straight into my dads office. He was yet again in a heated  conversation with someone on the phone. He angrily slammed the phone into its receiver. I walked up to him to see a few newspapers on his desk, all with the same front page.

"Papa, you have a press conference to get too, dont let this get to you its gonna  be over soon." I said throwing the papers in the bin. I grabbed his suit jacket that was hanging over his chair and held it out for him. Heaving out a sigh, he got up and put it on. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door with his secretary behind us with a few files in her hand. As we entered the elevator my phone buzzed notifying me I got a text so I took it out to see who it was.

Justin :Hey babe, get to school soon, missing you.

Smiling unconsciously I closed my phone and put it away and waited for the elevator to reach the ground floor.

"Lover boy, I presume?" My dad asked with a mischievous tone. At that moment we both laughed out loud, all the tension seemed to fade away. A stress free smile on dads face made me feel at ease before the elevator opened and reality  settled back in with its storms.

~~~~~

I stood at the corner of the conference room, waiting for the demanding reporters to finish with their endless questions so the final statement can be said, that was up until one idiotic reporter opened her mouth.

"Mr Fernandez, is it true you purposely contaminated the food?"

The whole room went silent and the cameras focused on dads face awaiting the answer.

"No, I haven't." He replied

"So before there is any other ridiculous questions, may I say the final statement of Ffoods...." he was cut off by the reporters screaming more questions at him. Getting tired of this annoying reporters I walked up to the podium and held the mic closer to me.

"Ffoods will be closing down."

With that me and dad left the conference room and went back to the elevator. We reached the top floor and entered dads office, dad was quite but relieved it was over.

"Papa, now that its over, we gotta worry about compensation for the employees of the company." I said to him tryna assure him everything is under control now.

He rubbed his face and went to his desk opening a few of his cabinets and grabbing some files and slamming then on the table, it was the financial statements and gross profit charts, but seriously what's with all the slamming today?