Chapter 1

I feel fear runs deep in my bones as trees rapidly whip past me. Making a blur of dark green as they go past. I'm running. I have got to be running a mile a second. It feels unlike me to be going so fast, but I still wish I could go faster. I'm trying to find something, but I don't know what I'm looking for.

I feel like somethings missing from deep inside me. I try to think, but it is not there. My mind is a mess, my body is a mess. My limbs don't feel like my own, they feel foreign and I can tell something has changed.

As I try to run faster than my legs can take me, I feel my foot gets caught under a root. My foot gets stuck causing me to tumble to the ground. I quickly try to get up. As I get onto my hands and knees I look up to find it in front of me and I hear someone scream.

I open my eyes and let out a scream while sitting up quickly and causing the birds to fly away.

My body feels heavy. It's like I have been thrown underwater and left to die. I don't think I would mind that with all the pain and uncomfort coursing through my body. The pain went through my bones and straight into my soul.

After I catch my breath I lay back down not caring for the smell of ash around me. I thought I was supposed to die, for my pain to be gone, but It just came back with a vengeance. A lot of the time my emotions are muddled and I can't tell which is which, but right now I know I'm upset. Im upset because that man said he would help me, but he made it worse. 

I tried to lay there till I fell asleep but I can't. I sit up hearing something in the forest. I look around but can't spot anything. I slowly get to my feet, wary of what's in the forest. The pain in my body has lessened by the time I stand up, but the ache in my chest is still very present.

I slowly start walking into the forest. It was surprisingly brighter than I thought it would be in a forest during the night. I don't like all the noise coming from the forest, it sounds active and I don't like not knowing exactly what the noise is from.

I notice that I have travelled to far into the forest and don't know where I should go, and because the atmosphere is starting to creep me out I start to run in a direction. I didn't know where I was going, but I didn't want to be in a forest any longer. I start running too fast for meself to handle and My foot catches and something and I trips scraping my knee.

I hiss out from the unexpected pain, and look at my knees and notice that they were fine. there was a little blood on my shredded pants, but my skin shows no sign of injury. something isn't right. I get back up and continue to race through the forest.

I make it to a town faster than I thought. I walk around and hope to find something that can help me. I end up stumbling into an ally way when I spot a man in the ally way, instincts and the undeniable thirst take over.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
591 words

Vote and comment!!

Thank you for reading, and I appologize that my posts will take some time.