Chapter 5

She starts walking right into my apartment carefree like I'm not some stranger. But then again I was the one letting her in. She definitely looks capable of forcing her way in if she wanted. She hasn't done anything I should be that scared of yet, even though I was quite weirded out by this whole interaction. Should I be worried?

What's the worst that could happen? I die, heh yea that's hilarious.

I quickly close the door behind her, but I keep it unlocked. I was nervous about her and wanted an easy escape and I'm not too sure about how the windows work. But you cant make friends without letting them into your home under suspicious circumstances, right?

I then heard a ringing that sounded like a phone. I look up at her ''Is that yours?''

''Nope'' She said, after a couple more seconds of it ringing she asked ''are you ganna get that, it is still ringing if you didn't notice''

''oh right'' I hop off the stool run in the direction of the ringing. I followed the sound to my bang haphazardly laying on the ground.

I rummage around my purse, (which It seems I really should get to cleaning) until I find my phone. I answer it and put it up to my ear.

''Hello?'' I say into the phone.

''Hello is Alana?" said a masculine voice through the phone.

"uh, yes it is why?" I question him.

" I am here to inform you that you have been fired on conditions of far too many missed shifts, and don't bother trying to get the job back. We already have a replacement for your position" he said.

"oh," I said back. I completely forgot about the fact I have missed so many days. I immediately hung up, not caring to hear him anymore. God damn. I've messed up again, how am I going to find a new job. I don't even have a reference or a good resume I was surprised that I got that job in the first place.

Now I feel like crawling up in a ball and crying or I was having a sudden craving for chicken nuggets. This is a sad sad life, I don't have enough money for nuggets.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
378 words

      vote            comment