Part 3 Training & Memories

In magic school Nexis excelled. At just 12 years old he was the top student in all of his classes and he was still growing.

Some spells were a lot more difficult than others however, the connecting spell worked one of two ways. Either a pocket dimension for storing stuff, or a portal to another place entirely. Problem was Nexis had to visualize what he wanted. Now picturing it was easy but the combined effort of intense concentration along with it made it nearly impossible for him.

His instructor was the white wizard the name is self explanatory. He wore an orange mask so no one truly ever saw his face if it was a he to begin with.

The white wizard wanted to have a word with Nexis.

"You cannot beat a river into submission, you have to surrender to the current and use it's power as it's own" The white wizard said.

"I control it by surrendering control that doesn't make any sense" Nexis said confused.

"Not everything has to. That's the definition of magic... Come with me" The white wizard said.

"Connect Now!"

He opened a portal and Nexis shivered as when he walked through they were in a snowy mountain.

"This place is freezing!" He said.

"Yes... At this temperature a person can last 30 minutes before suffering permanent lose of function, but you'll likely go into shock withen the first two..."

"Wait what?"

"Surrender Nexis" The white wizard said.

"No wait!" He was too late the white wizard flat out left him there as a test.

Nexis now had to focus... Think what was a way for him to make this spell easy.

Nexis than looked at his ring that contained the same spell inside of it.

"What if I..."

"Connect Please!"

Nexis barely made it and realized that while he can use spells normally, wizard rings were just easier for him.

While going through his stuff back in his room, he found a picture he had taken with him. To remind him of Cheila... He wondered how she was doing.

In a guild called lamia scale far away sat a pink haired girl named Cheila. She had grown a lot since her childhood days and was also making progress in magic discovering that she's a sky god slayer with healing abilities.

She had made plenty of friends to keep her company but there was only one she held a special place for in her heart.

She held her ring close to her and remembered the days we're they would, come around the sprinklers and have fun.

Sherry used to love taking pictures of the two. This prompted Cheila to open her drawer and pull out her photo book... As expected she still had all the pictures there.

The one of them in the park. The one of them playing tag. Her eyes began to water as she realized she missed him more then ever. A single tear fell on the one of them eating ice cream together.

She cried herself to sleep that night repeating the phrase.

I promise to see you again over and over again hoping it would become true.