First actual chapter

Sophie woke up to the horrors of reality. 

She smushed her pillow up against her face, not ready to face the music. The music sucked. Who needed to listen. Not Sophie. Nope, not today, suckers.

"Sophie!" A melodic voice cried out. "You don't want to be late for your first day of college!" Oh, but she did. Because Fitz was going to be there. Fitz the fricking ritz cracker; he deserved to die in a hole.

-Flashback-

Sophie leaned her head on Fitz's shoulder. 

"This was the best date ever, Fitz," Sophie whispered.

"... about that," Fitz said. He squared his shoulders, and said, "I don't think we should have another one." Sophie was speechless.

"What?"

"Yeah, um, I just think we didn't ever really click." Sophie thought they did.

"How can you just spring this on me?" Sophie asked, incredulous.

"Well, remember that fight we had?" 

"The fight about PEANUT BUTTER AND JELLY SANDWICHES?" This was over a year ago, just a little tease fest about how Fitz thought peanut butter was disgusting.

"...yeah." His eyes darted around and caught on a corner for just a split second, but Sophie still noticed. She saw a flick of curly brown hair and long legs.

"Did..." Sophie was afraid to ask.

"Did you cheat on me?" Fitz sighed, and his eyes found the corner again. This time the girl looked at him and bit her lip. Sophie had just enough time to catch her face.

"YOU CHEATED ON ME WITH STINA?" Sophie was suddenly full of anger. He was supposed to be the perfect boyfriend! The ROCKSTAR boyfriend! Sophie soon realized that it was all a dream. That there is such a thing as too perfect. And that definition fit Fitz perfectly.

Sophie stood up, brushed off her skirt, and looked him in his teal eyes, which she once thought were beautiful. Now she saw the horrors underneath the beauty.

Before Sophie walked out of the theme park, she turned around and slapped him in the face. Hard. Because he deserved it.

-end of flashback-

Why, Fitz? Why must you torture me? Why must the music always win? Sophie thought, and quietly sighed, pulling on her old T-shirt and jeans. The world's best combination.

"Mom, do I have to go to school?" She pleaded.

"YES!" Edaline replied. Sophie internally groaned. 

"Well I'm taking Ice cream with me in the car and you can't stop me!" 

Grabbing the chocolate delight that is rocky road, she pulled herself into her car and drove off to the hell house.