Chapter Seventeen: Light in the Tunnel

Only four more chapters left! We're getting closer to the final decision. I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Be sure to vote and comment if you do. Thanks for reading! :)

There was a weird buzzing in your head as you slowly started to stir. You felt like you were floating around in a black ocean as you struggled to open your eyes. Once you finally did, the bright lights in the room stung your eyes. Once your eyes finally adjusted, you saw that you were in your room. That's when a killer pain split through your head.

You looked to your side and saw Edgar and Alan both sitting in chairs next to your bed, dead asleep. You sat up a little in bed before saying in a soft voice, "Eddie, Al, wake up."

The two boys started to wake up while making grunt noises. You had to admit: they were adorable when they were sleepy. When they saw you though, they were wide awake.

"Y/n, you're up," Edgar said.

You responded, "Yeah, I am."

Alan got up from his chair and ran to your bedroom door. He yelled through it, "Cooper! Y/n's awake!"

The yelling made your head hurt more, so you held a hand up to your forehead and started rubbing it. Edgar knelt down next to your bedside and held your free hand as he said, "Alan, chill it with a screaming."

Alan walked over to you and immediately whispered, "Sorry, y/n."

"It's fine, Alan," you told him.

Alan knelt down next to his brother and asked, "How you feeling?"

"I'm feeling okay," you answered, "My head's killing me, though."

Alan then grabbed a bottle of painkillers and a bottle of water off of your nightstand and said, "Here, take some of this."

"Thanks, Al," you said as you let go of Edgar's hand to grab the bottle of medicine and the water.

You popped two of the painkillers out and swallowed them with the water. Once you were done, Alan took the stuff from you while you rejoined your hand with Edgar's.

Edgar then asked, "What's the last thing you remember?"

"I remember staking David and then I got really dizzy before everything went black," you answered before asking "He's gone for good, right?"

Both Frog Brothers nodded their heads. Edgar told you, "He's gone for good."

"He's not going to bother you anymore," Alan added.

You nodded, relieved that he was finally gone for good. You then asked, "What happened after I staked him?"

"You passed out, and we brought you back here to rest up," Alan answered, "You've been out for a few hours."

Once he said that, you noticed for the first time that you were still in your combat outfit, only your boots were off. Edgar then explained, "You got hit in the head pretty hard when you were fighting David. We think you might have a concussion."

Cooper then walked in, "Hey kiddo, it's good to see you up."

"It's good to be up," you responded.

  Cooper chuckled a little before walking over and leaning against the wall, "How you feeling?"

"Alright," you answered, "I am kind of sore, though."

You moved to sit up in bed more. Edgar adjusted your pillow so that you could sit more comfortably, while Alan took this opportunity to hold your hand.

"I called the doctor to come check on you. She should be here a little later," Cooper told you, "But when she asks what happened, you tripped and fell down the stairs."