Chapter 1 Guys Look!

Narrator's POV:
        "Guys, look!"  Don says.

      "Do not you mean gals, since we are all girls here, except for you?"  Gloria scoffs.

       "Hey, do not give him so much trouble," Hattie remarks.

        "I second that motion,"  Jasmine states.

      "Oh, yes, well I third it then," Sam says.

      "I fourth it, "  Tammie says.

     "No fair, that is four against one,"  Gloria pouts.

    "Well, you were teasing Don way too much,"  Hattie retorts.

        "Besides, we all knew what he meant anyway,"  Jasmine explains.

         " How about we just all chill?"  Tammie asks.

       "Sure,"  Sam answers.

       "Sounds good to me," Don says. 

        Don's  POV:

          Don will not admit to it, but sometimes he feels like the oddball out since he is the only boy.  He is so glad that the others know Gloria is his sister otherwise there is no telling what kind of reaction he would get with her pestering him so much.  He knows his sister loves him, but still, there is only such much a guy can handle at one time.

         He wonders what will happen if the girl he crushes on were to find out.  He shrugs his shoulders unsure what to think and considers not telling her since he is afraid of rejection.  He recalls how a cousin of his got let down once by a girl he likes and it was way harder on him than he would admit too.  The poor guy would not talk to girls for two months other than his mother, sister, aunt, and other female relatives.  This is not something Don wants to happen to himself.

      Perhaps he worries too much then again who knows.

       "Come on it is right over here,"  Don says.  He smiles as the others follow him through a small tunnel-like area of the cave.

         "We are right behind you,"  Hattie replies.

      "Right she is at that dude," Jasmine answers.

         "Yes, we are following you our brave leader,"  Sam states.

         "Same here," Tammie responds.

       "Brother, where are you taking us?"  Gloria asks.

       Tammie's  POV:

 Tammie wonders what it is that Don is going on about right now. She does not have to go far to find out.

        "Whoa, would you look at it!"  Tammie shouts excitedly. 

         "It is amazing is it?"  Jasmine asks.

        "It is sure is for sure,"  Sam responds.

         "Amazing does not begin to describe it," Hattie replies.

          "It is so beautiful,"  Sam says.

          "You can say that again,"  Don says.

            "It is so cool,"  Gloria replies.

           Hattie's  POV:
              Hattie thinks since when has Don been the leader?  She always thought Jasmine was the group leader she was the one who got them all into the spelunking business in the first place.  She seriously thinks that girl deserves more credit.