Ch.4 "The Lead Up"

*skips a few days to Friday morning, the day of the date*
I wake up and just lay in bed for a few minutes thinking about how excited I am for the date tonight and also how Jack and I have been becoming a lot more comfortable around each other, which makes me really happy. I finally get out of bed and go into the bathroom to jump in the shower and get ready for school.  I'm really not feeling the need to get all dolled up for school today because I know I'm gonna put in a lot of effort in for tonight, so I decided to go with the cute, but lazy look of a crop top and leggings with my hair in a messy bun.

  I'm really not feeling the need to get all dolled up for school today because I know I'm gonna put in a lot of effort in for tonight, so I decided to go with the cute, but lazy look of a crop top and leggings with my hair in a messy bun

Running late like usual, I drive me and Sam to school, and we got there with a few minutes to spare thankfully so I didn't have to rush to class.  I'm standing at my locker texting Christina and grabbing my binder when all the sudden I am spun around by the one and only, you guessed it, Jack Avery. Yeah ik how cliche. He spins me around and I gasp because I was caught off guard and shocked.  He makes my heart skip a beat just by the way he looks at me, and I feel like the happiest girl in the wold when I'm with him.  He teases me by leaning in to kiss me, but instead just whispers in my ear "You're just gonna have to wait for the date tonight beautiful" and then walks away leaving me stunned with my stomach full of butterflies.  After a minute of standing there mesmerized like a complete idiot, I grab the stuff I need for class and head to Spanish.  Jack is already sitting at our table when I walk into the classroom.  I watch him stare me up and down as I walk through the door, which immediately sends chills and butterflies throughout my body..I'm telling you it's every time he looks at me, I can't help how my body reacts.  As I slide past him to take my seat I can still feel his gaze on me.  I sit down and he whispers in my ear "Baby girl, you look hot as fuck", once again leaving me speechless as the teacher starts the 10 minute review of the words we learned the day before in class. The class period speeds by as I realize already that the bell is about to ring.  I'm so happy this day is going fast, I just can't wait for the date tonight.
I continue with my day as it is now lunch time and I am at my locker putting my books away, and waiting for Jack since he's been meeting me here to walk down to lunch.  Every moment with him is a happy moment, and we're always laughing for absolutely no reason.  We walk into the lunch room and sit at our table with the rest of the boys as they all just stare at us.  I know they want to say something, but obviously Jack has already warned them to shut up and not make their dumb comments lol.  Im sick of being stuck with boys all day(not really) so I wanna make a girl friend to have around the boys and I...something to think about and look for next week in school.  I feel Jacks hand under the table searching for mine, which makes me blush and giggle. I happily grab his hand and we are like that for the rest of the period.
We leave lunch and now I'm walking with Corbyn and I tell him how nervous I am for the date tonight, but he reassures me and tells me that Jack is head over heels for me, and he also is scared shitless because he wants us to have a good time. This helps me calm down and realize I'm not the only one nervous. I finish the rest of my day and now I'm waiting at my car for Sam. Finally he shows up and I decide to tell him about Jack because I'm gonna have to make up an excuse to go out tonight. I don't know if I should tell my mom about Jack yet, so I ask Sam what he thinks I should do.  He's an over protective brother, but he wants me to be happy so i can trust him.  When I tell him I notice a little worry show up on his face because he doesn't want me getting hurt by Jack, but he tried to hide his worry because he sees how excited I am. On the drive home we talked about it and he thinks I should just tell mom, but I'm still hesitant.

*806 words*
Hey guys, i actually completely forgot I was even writing this book because I haven't been on wattpad in so long. But corona happened so um yeah it's 2 in the morning and I'm bored out of my mind and not tired and I realized I had a book I started writing a while ago and thought I would write a little. I can't tell you when I'll be posting new updates because honestly it's not my main priority and I just write when I'm bored and when I have free time for the fun of it. So I hope you like this chapter and leave any feedback of what you want to happen, or what you think might happen!!
Kk bye now
~Nicole:p