Just My Luck

Hey guys! First off I am so sorry that I haven't updated in suck a long time!! I tried to make this on a little bit longer...

[[[[EXTRA IMPORTANT AUTHOR'S NOTE AT END!! PLEASE READ]]]]

When I woke up again the first things I noticed were the damp floor that was pressed up against my cheek and the foul smell of blood and urine. I slowly opened my eyes and all I could see through the darkness was the faint outline of bars of what looked to be a cell. It was almost as if I was in a prison.

I could hear distant voices and constant whimpers and groans coming from all around me. I pealed my cheek off of the floor and pulled myself into a sitting position using the shackles that were secured tightly around my wrists. They were throbbing painfully and I knew that they had been rubbed raw during my feeble escape attempt in the car yesterday.

Being as quiet as possible, I began to listen. I could barely hear it above the whimpers, but I could hear parts of a conversation on the other side of a door.

"What should...her?" someone asked.

"Aiden...back...few hours. You should wait...him decide... He...Alpha soon," the other voice responded, but this time it sounded like a woman.

I was pretty sure they were talking about me, but I had no idea who this 'Aiden' was and I wasn't about to stay to find out. At this point I knew needed to get out and I needed to hurry.

I started to pull at the restraints around my wrists. I pulled for a while and they didn't budge at all. I scooped some of the unknown liquid off of the floor and onto my wrists. I began to pull harder. My hands began to slip out of the bindings extremely slowly. I don't know how long I pulled, but at lasts my wrists slipped out and I fell back with a rather loud thud.

"Did you hear that?" I heard someone say.

I didn't wait to hear a reply. I jumped up and ran over to the cell door. It was locked. I cursed under my breath.

I saw a door open and a dim light was switched on. I curled into a ball with the hoped that I wouldn't be noticed, and I remained quiet. Two men walked into the 'dungeon' and began to look around. They were as big, if not bigger, than Riley. And Riley was huge! Still Chris would have towered over them.

"Where did it come from?" the slightly smaller one asked.

"It sounded like it came from the back," the other replied.

Seeing as I was at the back of the room, they walked closer to me. Coming up with an idea, I slipped my shoe into my hand, but remained quiet. They walked up to the cell next to me which was empty and then mine. They peered in. I had made my decision. If Riley wasn't allowed to hurt me, then they weren't either.

"I need help," I muttered weakly.

"What did you say?" one of them asked.

"I need help. I'm sick," I said making my voice rough. I couldn't believe i was about to do this. I coughed and gagged myself until I threw up, hoping to get some sympathy and help my act.

"Shit," the bigger one cursed. "If she's still sick when they get back, Chris will kill us! Hold on just a sec," he said as he speed walked away.

He came back with a key. "Go get some blankets and some water Kyle," he said. The other boy, Kyle scurried off and out the door.

"Don't try anything," he warned as he unlocked the door.

He warily walked in and felt my forehead. I swung my tennis shoe as hard as I could and hit him on the side of his head. He fell to the ground passed out. I bolted out of the cell and through the door. I looked around for my way out. I spotted a front door. It wasn't the most inconspicuous exit, but it would have to do.

I crept toward the door and opened it as quietly as possible. I got it open wide enough for me to slip out and I ran as fast as I could. I only saw one or two people. They didn't seem to notice me so kept on running down the dirt road with my shoe in my hand.

I came around a bend and saw a gate ahead of me. The top of it was lined with barbed wire. I can't climb that! I thought.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!" I mumbled to myself. Then I began to hear laughter and footsteps coming from the other side of the gate. I quickly went over to the bushes and hid. A group of about six people walked up to the gate. An older man walked up to the gate, pressed an intercom button and said, "Ron, it's me. Let us in." the authority in his voice made me tremble.

The gate swung open. It was my only chance! I would run as soon as they went around the bend. As they walked past me I heard a man say, "Do you smell that?" This man had the most velvety voice that I had ever heard in my life.

There was a chorus of 'No's' and they continued on around the bend. The gate began to swing closed and just as I was about to take off, I felt arms snake around my waist and I was pulled into a standing position. I let out a yelp of surprise.

"Well what do we have here?" said that beautiful voice.

I was spun around until I was faced with a large, muscular chest. I looked up into what had to be the most gorgeous honey-colored eyes I had ever seen. The man was looking into my eyes intensely, one word slipped through his lips, "Mate," he said as he swung me over his shoulder.

"Where are you Aiden?" someone yelled in the distance.

"We're coming," yelled the man who was carrying me. So the man that will decide my fate found me trying to escape. Just my luck.

[[[[AUTHOR'S NOTE PLEASE READ!!]]]]

Hey guys! I am looking for someone who would be willing to make me a cover. Quite frankly I suck at it! Please help! Private Message me if you will/can!! Thanks!:)