✧O N E✧

COMBAT BOOTS AND CONVERSE SNEAKERS HIT THE PAVEMENT BESIDE EACHOTHER, It could be heard from a mile away considering how quiet the streets of Derry were since he was in charge.

Beverly Marsh and Richie Tozier were two out of seven of the Lucky Seven, best friends too. Beverley's ginger coloured curls bounced as they walked side by side, each with an earbud in as they listened to 'Litium' by Nirvana, Bev's pick of course. How they had managed to stay out of a cell was unknown to everyone, really. With Richie's loud mouth most would think they would have been the first caught, but luckily Bev has been keeping him in check.

Both young adults danced, twirled and lip synced to the vocals of Kurt Cobain, Richie even playing the air guitar.

They came to a halt in front of what used to be a Motel, with a pink neon sign with a flamingo on it semi-lighting up the night sky and a single plastic chair placed beside the door. The 'E' flickered out and on again every once and a while. They looked at eachother before running up to one of the rotting, wooden doors and kicking it down. The room was actually really clean, minus the fact that every surface had a thick layer of dust on top of it. Richie turned his back to the large bed, flopping backwards onto it, Bev joined him with her arms out 'accidentally' smacking his face. 

Bev and Richie had a close relationship, close enough to be siblings, but most people they came across before everything thought they were dating. Truth is, Richie is as straight as a circle. At one point, He had even admitted to the female he had a small crush on Connor Bowers, to which Bev made a face of disgust, 'Honey, you can do better that.', were her exact words. Richie had a feeling he would never find love through all of this, never find the one.

Richie unplugged the earbuds from the phone, causing the motel room to fill with the sound. The song had switched, now playing 'Africa' by Toto, one of Richie's favorites. He jumped off the bed and danced around the room, singing the lyrics.

"Gonna take a lot to drag me away from you! come on, Bev! There's nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do!"

"Rich, no." Bev took out a cigarette, Lighting it, and placing it on her lips.

"Rich, yes! I bless the rains down in africa!"

"Gonna take some time to do the things we never had!"She held the note, giving in, it didn't take much. the two danced around the motel room, spinning and laughing.

There was sound that broke through the laughter, a shattering sound. Both of their heads snapped to where it came from. A baseball had hit the window and broke it.

"Shit!" a young sounding voice shouted, followed by an older sounding voice.

"G-Georgie!"

"Sorry!"

"See! I told you Bill, all your swearing is a bad influence on him!" This voice spoke fast and sounded slightly younger or at least higher pitched than the second one. A short brunette boy, about twelve years, old walked into the room, followed by two taller boys. Bev and Richie shared a glance before turning their attention to the boys.

"Uh, guys?" The youngest pointed at the two that were already in the room. The older boys looked up from the younger one and at Richie and Bev. The second smallest boy's eyes met Richie's, scanning his features.

"You're staring." Richie remarked with a smirk.

"Well sorry, I've never seen you before, smartass. I'm simply analyzing your face so I can slap you next time I see it."

"Woah, okay shorty."

"I'm not short! Five foot five is average height!"

"Yeah, for a fourteen year old."

"You don't even know eachothers names and you're already fighting." Bev tossed her cig on the ground and stomped it out with her boot.

"Are we a-all in th-the lucky se-seven?" The taller unamed boy asked.

"Think so. So there's two more?" Beverly raised a brow.

"No, there's th-three. N-nobody knows a-a-about Georgie."

"Georgie. So what are all your names?" Bev asked again. Richie and the second smallest of the new group were still giving each other harsh glares.

"I'm B-Bill." Bill tapped the smaller boy's shoulder to get his attention.

"Eddie, My name is Eddie."

"Nice. I'm Beverly but you guys can call me Bev." She smiled.

"Richie Tozier is the name, fucking your mom is my game." Richie fingergunned at Eddie, who stuck his tongue out in disgust.

"Gross! Asshole."

+*+*+*+

I didn't know where to end this but I wanted to get this out.