✧T H R E E✧

THEY HUNG THEIR LEGS OVER THE MOTEL AS THEY SAT ON THE ROOF, Newfound friendships blooming.

Richie, Eddie and Bill stood to play catch with Georgie and goof off, Bev watching with a smile and a cigarette against her pink lips.

"Bet I can throw it farther than you, asshole!" Eddie stuck his tongue out

"Yeah right, with your tiny arms?" Richie took the ball from the smaller boy, throwing it as far as he can and watching as it fell into the bushes and trees that lay not that far from the motel.

"Nice job, fuck wad, you lost Georgie's ball." Eddie crossed his arms.

"It's alright Eddie, I can just get it lat-" the youngest of the group was cut off by a deep but sweet voice.

"Hey!"

The group looked over the edge of the motel to be met with three unfamiliar, but friendly, faces.

The tallest of the three had dark skin and a contagious smile. The other two were around the same height as eachother, the curly haired one clinging to the first boy and the other holding a book. The third boy looked in awe at something.

"Hello? Who are you guys?" Beverly blew smoke from her mouth as she spoke.

"The rest of the Lucky seven." The curly headed boy answered.

"But there's eight of us?" The boy with the book raised a brow.

"Nobody knows about the kid." Richie repeated what Bill said earlier.

"Besides the point, what are your names?" The only female of the group jumped onto the ground from the roof, which wasn't very difficult considering the shortness of the building. She approached the boys.

"Mike Hanlon, nice to meet ya."

"Stanley, but call me Stan."

"Ben." The last boy, Ben, said breathlessly as he gazed at the redhead.

"You alright there, book worm?" She smirked, taking one last drag of her cigarette before throwing it on the ground and stomping it.

"Yeah. I'm fine, It's just.." he continued. "Your hair is the brightest thing I've seen since the beginning of this all. It's just like fire."

"Well glad you like it, because you're stuck with it for now." She smiled. "Beverly." She held her hand out to shake and Ben took it sheepishly. "The guy with glasses is Richie, short dude beside him is Eddie-"

"I'm not short!"

"The kid is Georgie and the dude with him is his big brother, Bill." She continued, ignoring Eddie.

Eventually all the boys joined Bev with the new arrivals on the ground. They chatted for a bit.

"I'm going to go find the ball, guys." Georgie backed away.

"I'll b-b-be there to help in a-a bit." Bill stuttered out, planning to finish his conversation with Stan and Mike before following his little brother.

+*+*+*+

Georgie looked everywhere in the woods for the baseball and began to give up until he heard a voice come from behind him.

"Hiya, Georgie."