Chapter 5: Falling For You

Chapter 5: 

"I must admit that you're actually beautiful, Kaylee."

Those words that Darren said to me kept on playing over and over again in my head. Why did he even say such things like that to me? I mean, when I was with him before, all he wanted to do were to insult me and say such things that entirely hurt my feelings or put me down. That was not the Darren I used to know. Everything was completely not normal like it was before. I wonder if he also feels like what I am feeling right now.  I have to get my shits together and figure everything out. I wanna know why he does these things to me. Should I ask him? No! That would be awkward. I will surely end up just staring at him again and not saying any single word. 

If these strange feelings would continue longer, I might fall in love with him. That was not even a joke. Of course, I won't let myself fall for a guy like him. He's nothing in my ideal-guy list anyway. Hate will never ever turn into love. He's my enemy but I don't think so that he still hates me because he started to act like he wants to be friends with me again. I'm not a war freak person and obviously, every person wants to have peace but with Darren, I think I just wanna be his hater forever. I don't want him to be my friend neither the person that I will fall into. Falling for him would be the biggest mistake I will ever have. Please Cupid, don't let myself fall in love with the guy I hate.

People may wondering why I'm afraid to fall in love. It's because love can soothe you and hurt you at the same time. Everything that falls gets broken, right? That's why I don't want to fall for Darren. It only makes myself look like a crap. Completely a CRAP. 

 "How was your date yesterday?" Jaime interrupted with a cheeky grin on her face.

I snapped my head into her.

"What?" I asked, pretending that I didn't hear what she just said.

She let out a dry laugh as she patted my shoulder, "You don't have to deny it, Kaylee. I knew it. You went to a date with Darren yesterday, right?"

I was about to protest and tell her that she was thinking wrongly when she cut me off...

"I wasn't expecting that Darren would fall in love with you." she cackled.

The moment she said that, an image of Darren flashed before my eyes and perspective shifted. I was thinking about that for the whole night. What if he actually likes me? Maybe teasing me for all over the past few years was a simple way to get close to me. But nah? Ugh. Here we go again, thinking weird shits. 

"Oh my gosh, Jaime. What kind of stupidity are you talking about?" I rolled my eyes. 

"Kaylee, what would you do if he's starting to fall for you? Would you catch him or..."

I cut her off.

"That will never ever happen." I stated as I narrowed my eyes.

She chortled, "Calm down, I was just asking you."

I need to escape from here or Jaime will keep on asking me absurd things about Darren. I don't want to end up this day reminiscing about everything she said. Why does every moment have to be so hard?

I stood up from my seat and put all my things inside my bag.

"I have to go. See ya later!" I waved my hand as I made my way into the foot ball field.

Yes, I left her there with a question mark around her head. Sorry,Jaime but you're sometimes annoying which made me feel so uncomfortable. Why are those words won't stop spinning in my head? Every minute, every second, every breath I take, It's all about Darren. Am I crazy or falling in love?

"Hey Munchkin, where are you going?"

Darn.

Don't look back, Kaylee. JUST DON'T. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

"Are you alright?"

I opened my eyes and found myself standing in front of him. I thought I could handle myself this time but nothing has changed. I'm still weak. This ain't love.

I stammered, "I'm okay."

I really can't understand myself. I swore to death that I'd never feel the same way I did before. Why do I get shivers down my spine whenever he's around with me?

"Don't forget about the party next week and by the way, when are you going to get your dress? It's almost done." 

"Just call me when it's already done." I hesitantly said as I looked away.

I don't want to stare at him for too long because the more I do, the more my heart is falling for him.

 "I will be expecting you to come early." He said.

I lifted a gaze to Darren as I let out a sigh of relief. Maybe I should ask him why he's acting nice to me. Come on, Kaylee. So apparently, we just stood here staring at each other in silence AGAIN. I looked away, hoping that my face wouldn't turn into red again. Darren was probably thinking that I'm thinking such weird things. Spell AWKWARD. Why do things have to fell in this situation again? 

"Why are you acting like that? Go back to your old self. Seriously, it doesn't make you look better at all." I blurted out.

He confusedly raised an eyebrow.

"What?" He asked.

What an idiot.

I looked down, trying to calm myself down. 

"I mean, why are you starting to act nice to me? I thought we hated each other." I tried to utter the words without any hesitation.

"I know you still consider me as an asshole ex-childhood frenemy but like what I've said before, I was trying to make everything okay. I don't want us to be like this forever." He said. 

"No, Darren. I'm already contented of what we are and if you're trying to act nice to me, please just don't do that. The more you do that, the more I...." I looked straight into his eyes.

He blinked a couple of times, "Kaylee..."

"I don't want to fall in love with you, idiot!!!" I exclaimed.

His expression was priceless. I bet he can't even say a single word because he was completely shocked.

"But I just did." I added as I buried my face with my palms.

OMG. What did I just say to him? I'm such an idiot for falling in love with him.

I wanted to run around the foot ball field and scream out. I should've not said that, idiot. Goddammit. I bit my lip and resist myself from crying.

~~~