Chapter 1: First Day of School with the Demon

Chapter 1:

Eh, sexy lady! Op,Op,Op,Op Oppa Gangnam Styleeeeee!

I woke up to a trembling sound of my alarm clock which made me fall out of my second decked bed. Yes, I sleep on the upper bed and you might think, my whole body is now broken because it hit so hard on the ground. Nah, actually the bed is not really that high so I am still alive and breathing polluted air. I'm already used of this kind of habitat. I always fall out of my bed every time my annoying alarm clock wakes me up. Alarm clock is the only thing that will keep me alive and I think if I don't have any alarm, mom would let herself pour me a hot water every morning. I stood up from the ground and there I saw my little sister still sleeping on her bed. How come she didn't hear my earthquake alarm clock. That was already in maximum volume. Sigh. 

I made my way into the bathroom to take a bath and get ready for my first day of sophomore year. After a decade of taking a bath, I wore my all time favorite ripped blue jeans and my black high cut converse shoes along with my Aeropostale white tee shirt. Of course, I brushed my hair to look nice and clean. I looked in front of the mirror and my mind says, "You look like a Troll, Kaylee." I just rolled my eyes, feeling so insecure about my look. I thought to myself that if I put make up on my face, I would really look worse but I self proclaimed that at least I quite look like a human too. I don't care what will people at school think about me. I go to school to learn and not to impress them, right? Right, Kaylee. You're still a loser. 

I quickly put my phone and books in my bag as I rushed downstairs peeking out the window to check out if the school bus is already there to pick me up. Thank God, it's still waiting for me. As I went downstairs, mom gave me an usual sweet smile.

"Are you not going to eat breakfast?" She sweetly asked as she prepared my little sister Ellie's snacks.

"They are already waiting for me outside! Bye mom!" I picked a toasted bread on the plate as I kissed her on the cheek. 

"Good Morning Mr. Greggy!" I greeted the school bus driver as I hopped onto the bus.

He gave me a nice smile and greeted me back in a nice way. Mr. Greggy is like one of the happiest person I've ever known. Even though, he doesn't take time to change his clothes every day, he still managed to smile and doesn't care about what other people say about him. He has too much confidence to himself, he even told me that he's the hottest driver you will ever meet in life. That's why I adore him because he chose to be happy in life instead of being insecure of himself. 

I looked for an empty seat while praying in my head to not see my worst nightmare, Darren. But damn, this is not going to be a nice day for me. All seats are already taken and the only vacant is next to him. 

Darren Espanto aka the demon who just got up from his grave has made my teenage life living like a hell. He started torturing me since we met in a school camp when we were both in Freshmen Year. I don't understand why he really likes to make fun of me like I'm just a children's toy. I don't get bullied a lot when I was a kid because I've always been a strong person and always fight back whenever someone bullies me. Actually, I'm not scared of him. It just annoys me whenever I see his presence. I know he will do another stupidity on me. As I walked to sit next to him, I just acted like I don't know him. Like I'm Mr. Greggy. Too much confidence in myself. I could see in my other eye that he's smirking an evil look at me. 

Can you imagine that feeling? I swear just sitting next to him is like you wanna stab him in the eyes with your finger nails. 

"Hey, Munchkin. Nice to see that you're still alive." He sarcastically mocked as he moved near me.

I didn't make any eye contact praying to Jesus Christ to not let myself punch him right now. 

"Don't move too close to me if you don't want to get burned in first day of school." I angrily said.