Chapter 4: Beautiful

Chapter 4:

I've been studying at the same school with Darren for like 6 years but why do I feel so weird every time I see him? Over the past few years seeing his presence almost every day at school, I've never encountered this absurd feeling. I felt like he wasn't that kind of jerk I used to know. He's starting to get close to me and even invite me to his family's party. He hates me, right? But why does he do these things to me? I mean, all he usually wanted to do was to make fun of me because seeing me upset is his passion. I can't help thinking about every little strange thing that's happened to me in recent weeks when I'm with Darren. I'm supposed to feel annoyed but why do I feel so uneasy whenever he talks to me or even just stand in front of me. I was never like this before. Never in my entire life did I ever think that I'd be stuck in this kind of situation. He is like an electric shock that every time he breathes the same air with me, it just hits my whole body and I'd be freeze in a moment. People say, if you feel nervous talking to someone, it is a sign that you're in love with that person. Me? In love with that freaking Darren? That's insane. Sorry, but he's not my type at all. 

I sighed in relief as the cold breeze air seeped into my skin. I jumped out from my bed as I wrapped my arms around me. I was scanning my bookshelf when the school papers schedule popped in my mind. Since I was chosen as this school year's Editor in Chief, I must do my responsiblity. I should have finished these school's shits before the schedule or else I will be totally screwed up and plus, I don't want the school paper administrator to be disappointed about me. I want to prove to the whole academy that I will be the best Editor in Chief ever. Complying the school papers is not only my problem because I still have to prepare for our first exam in Algebra. Since I always fail Math exams, I guess there's no chance that I would get the highest score or even the passing score. Well, I'm still trying hard to study Math even though I loathe it more than an empty Nutella in our fridge. Flunking Math is pretty normal for me but who knows? I would probably get the highest score this time. Ha! In your wildest dreams, Kaylee.

I zoned out from my deep thoughts when my little sister Ellie came in my room. She handed me an envelope, I took it as I returned her a smile.

"Where this came from?" I confusedly asked as I ripped the envelope and started to open the folded paper.

She looked up at me, "When I was walking down streets going back home from Stacey's house, a tall guy wearing a green shirt told me to give that letter to you."

Tall guy wearing green shirt

GREEN.

Do I know somebody who often wears green clothes?

.

.

.

.

Oh wait, don't get me wrong! She was referring to Darren. 

"Dammit." I blurt out, forgetting that there's a little kid in front of me. 

Ellie narrowed her eyes, gazing up at me.

"You better go to bed, Ellie." I sweetly said and let her get out of my room.

I sat on my bed as I read the letter:

 Munchkin,

 See you at 8 in the morning tomorrow.