Chapter Seven

The few days before the concert dragged on slowly. Jenna was working a few extra shifts to help cover for some sick coworkers. She was glad to make extra money, but she was afraid she would look haggard by concert day. She was too tired by the end of each day to really care too much though.

A4D: We are on the flight to Indy today! Take care! See you soon!

He sent the message earlier that morning. He had included a picture of him and Jimin from the plane. She smiled and stuck her phone back into her pocket. She was working a double shift today and would also be closing. Deliveries were expected to be up because of a big convention that was going on and hotel deliveries would be insane tonight.

* * *

"Jenna, you've got a delivery!" Her manager yelled from across the kitchen.

"Okay! Be right there!" Washing her hands, she quickly moved to the delivery station. She checked out the address, noticing right away it wasn't in their delivery area.

"Um, sir, this isn't in our area. Are you sure I'm supposed to take this?" She noticed it was a rather large order, but it was made, bagged, and all ready to go.

"Yeah, the customer made specific requests and since it was a big order we couldn't refuse. It's the last delivery you'll take tonight. They already paid with a credit card, so just go home when you're finished. Okay? Get going before it gets cold." The manager shooed her out the door, helping her carry the order to her car.

The manager smiled as he walked back into the store. He didn't tell her that she was specifically requested. He had been asked not to. He had no idea what kind of people they were, but when she took a look at that tip line she would be thanking him for working this out. He had gotten very little information, but it was enough to know that this was someone special to Jenna. He slammed the door behind him. "Alright people, we're closing down for the night!"

* * *

Jenna was glad this was the last delivery, but she would have to hurry to make it to this address before the time guarantee was up. She punched the address into her GPS and took off, reaching the large hotel in record time, despite the traffic. This place was really nice. She felt awkward walking into this fancy hotel with three large delivery bags full of not-quite-steaming-but-still-hot pizza.

Moving to the elevator, Jenna pushed the request button and waited. She was exhausted and couldn't wait for this to be done. She stepped into the elevator and pushed the button for the tenth floor.

* * *

A head of black hair, topped with a red beanie and wearing large sunglasses, eyed the girl walking to the elevator. He typed something into his phone and casually stood up and stretched. He had been sitting there for a little bit on his stake-out mission. Still looking at his phone, he moved to the elevator. He quickly stepped in after the girl did.

"Which floor?" she asked without looking at him.

"Same," he responded quietly. He looked back down at his phone. She never paid him any attention as he studied her. Typing out another text, he leaned back against the corner of the elevator.

Jenna shifted the delivery bags, trying to make sure and not squash any of their contents. He watched her feet fidget. She was in basic jeans and a uniform shirt. Her curly hair was back in a bushy little ponytail fed through the back of her uniform cap. She looked tired. He knew it was his target. He wanted to help her so badly but, not wanting to blow his cover, he decided to just stayed put.