Part Three: The Morning

Author's note: Another part! Thank you for all of your kind messages, it really helped me churn out this one.
Please remember in what is going on in the world right now to be kind to one another. And remember, Black Lives Matter. Please, do what you can to help and contribute. Google the minnesota fund to help bail out protesters. Sign petitions, VOTE, do your part. Love one another. Be kind.
(The title of this chapter is inspired by The Morning by The Weeknd, I even incorporated some of the lines of the song to describe our character Rayna. Check it out for the vibe of her past with William, and Harry! And just the vibe of her party past, in general)

"Ladies," Will greeted gently, peering at Bea and Rayna.

"Will," Bea smirked funnily at him as if she knew the score and everything in between that was happening.

"I'll go greet my sister," she quipped before greeting Eugenie a couple of feet away.

Keeping up with decorum, Rayna made small talk with Will. She was just thankful that he had come over to see her.
According to Will, Meghan's first public outing with the family would be soon.

"You mean them as a couple?" Rayna asked.

"I suppose so," he answered with a nod.

"Is it legit?" She asked rather boldly.

"I would hope so," he said as if by intuition both Rayna and Will glanced at them.
"Think they're moving a bit too fast, so I got my eye out," he finished.

Rayna understood William being protective of not only Harry but the rest of the family. Though, he had tried not to take it so seriously besides the humanitarian work. He did believe the good of the royal family. She knew it had nothing to do with her tan skin, or even the fact that she was a divorced woman. All had to do with genuine intentions to him. Rayna still wanted to feel her out though.

Rayna nodded gracefully with a small grin of agreement,

"I get it,".

"I knew you would," he quipped.

The banquet began and everyone dug in. It seems she kept finding herself at these occasions. It was of course mainly focused on Meghan and Harry. Which she didn't mind. She had hoped Meghan had a warm welcome. It was a big deal for Harry to bring anyone to meet the family, and friends.

The mingling began and Rayna as usual stuck with Bea and Eugenie.

The normal talk of rumours. The topic was of course Meghan.

"What do you think, Rayn?" Bea asked as she was in her own world with Will in her mind. The fact that at one point he made her feel like she was his whole world.

"Oh, she's fine, I think," Rayna shrugged.

The rest of the conversation she tuned out. Glancing at Will, her selfish needs were admittedly getting the best of her.

The time went way too fast for Rayna's liking. She didn't really mind though, she had her time with William. Which she was already waiting for another conversation as she seemed to be lost in her own world.

She didn't understand what had gotten into her. She was waiting for him. She was always stronger than her male companions but him, she wasn't sure.

Harry had tore her from her mind as she was absentmindedly running a piece of her hair between her fingers.

He had a gleam in his eyes that she hadn't seen in quite some time.

"You like Meghan?" His eagerness for her answer made Rayna dizzy. From what she heard fron Will, he was worried. Rightfully.