Part Six: Happiness is a Butterfly

Author's note: This chapter is a bit longer than the other ones. Just as a little thank you for all the love! This one focuses more on the past relationship and history that she has with William which I think was needed to understand her love for him! Enjoy, and lemme know your thoughts! <3 Happy reading!

Advisory: Sexual content.

Harry's lips were moving, but Rayna couldn't hear what he was saying.
He was giving a speech at a formal charity banquet while here in the South of France. Leave it to Harry to do this while on a getaway. She didn't mind though, all in good work.

William was running through her mind, and she was on auto-pilot. She would clap or laugh when the crowd would. She knew she had to at least act like she was paying attention. There was a couple of photographers, and she was instantly uncomfortable. But that was the life of the royal family and she had to get used to it at some point, right?

"My mother adored the French Riviera and would tell my brother and I stories of her having some form of privacy here, compared to our homeland that I love so very much. But I reckon, this place was there for my mother. And I will always be eternally grateful," The crowd clapped, and Rayna joined in as well. It was rare for Harry to mention Diana in speeches, but it seemed that she was on his mind lately. With the media hounding Rayna wherever she went, it must have reminded him of his mother and her untimely tragic death. She hadn't mentioned it to Harry, but she knew his reasoning behind everything most of the time. She had a good read on Harry and she smiled at him as their eyes locked.

After his speech, dinner was served and Rayna dug into her salad. It was refreshing to eat, she was rather hungry so she pretty much scarfed it down to the amusement of Harry.

"What?" She asked as she took her last bite already.

"Nothing," He chuckled, putting his napkin on either sides of her lips, most likely the dressing he was wiping.

She heard a camera click from afar and she had already felt a little annoyed at that.

The banquet continued, and Rayna remained on auto-pilot. People greeted her and Harry as they went on in their conversations. Harry seemed to carry the load socially tonight that he seemed to notice.
He held her hand under the table and kept switching his said hand from her thigh to her hand on her lap.
She appreciated the sentiment. She felt supported.
Harry had decided to leave a bit early with her, he had noticed her change in behavior. Usually he could read her, but tonight was different. He held her sparkly heels for her as she walked barefoot beside him. The cameras clicked and she adjusted her over-sized sweater she switched into as they stepped into their car.

"Feels so good to be normal again," She quipped to herself, thoughtfully looking out her window as they escaped the flashing lights.

Harry stayed quiet, and squeezed her hand. He hated this for her, but he knew he would protect her.

---

Rayna remained distant from Harry all night, until she arose out of the shower as Harry lounged, flicking through the channels. She had her robe on and began her skincare routine in the mirror. Harry gazed at her and knew that something was bothering her. What it was, he didn't know.

He decided to be gentle in his prodding of her,

"You alright, Rayn?" He came up behind her, leaving tender kisses on her neck as he gazed at her in the mirror, she looking back at him.

"I think so," She gave him a normal little grin that didn't say much. She seemed to not be too impressed with his touch. Which was unheard of these past couple of days that they had together.