Chapter 2: The entrance exam

Y/n's Pov

Ten months had passed and I had finally moved all of Toshinori's belongings into his new apartment. I found a small apartment close to both Toshi's and the school. I only had to take two trips in my car when I was moving into the new apartment. I helped Toshi train his apprentice when I could, which mostly was every other weeknd.

My apartment had two rooms and an open floor plan for the living room, dining room and kitchen. I set up my bedroom and used the spare room as my office slash workshop for tinkering with gadgets.

I met up with the two at six am on the beach Izuku had been tasked with cleaning up as his training. All might and i got there at the same time to find Izuku screaming at the top of his lungs while standing on a pile of trash he'd cleaned off the beach.

"Holy stinking Super crap," we both screams excitedly, before Toshi had to jump to catch a tired Midoriya. He gave the green headed boy a pep talk before pulling a strand of hair off his head and instructing the kid to swallow it.

I chuckled as the scene infront of me brought back memories of All Might's mentor Nana Shimura. She was like a mother to us after our grandma died, she pulled the same stunt.

We quickly saw Izuku off since the exams started at nine. We headed off to grab some breakfast and went to the campus. First the students had the written portion of their exam, then they'd all have to face the ten minute challenge.

Most of the teachers were supervising the written exams and since I hadn't been back on campus since I got the job offer, I had yet to meet any of the teachers. All Might and I would only be observing today, no actual say in anything. The board of judges that would be determining the points given to students during the practical exam had already been determined, not that I knew who was on it.

I sat drinking tea with nezu as we waited for the written exam to be done. We headed over to the observation room, which was dark.

I stood against the wall as Nezu took a seat where I assume the judges would be. People started to slowly trickle in until finally everyone was settled. All Might stood at the other end of the room. I couldn't make out exactly who was who in the light so I waited it out incase I could hear a familiar voice. I knew Midnight worked here as a teacher, but I hadn't told her I would be working here yet. We keep in touch, but the last year had been so hectic that we had very minimal communication.

I'll have to call her or something once I get out of here. Yamada is here too, I'll have to say hi to him later once he's done moderating the exam.

I watched the screen silently rooting for Midoriya, then a few other students as well since they had such interesting quirks. Midoriya wasn't doing too well, he had frozen when a bot came at him. I knew we should have at least taught him a combat move or two, no doubt it would help for self-defense too.

Four minutes left and the judges started to chatter, not that I could pay attention to the voices to decipher them. No, I was too busy worrying about how Midoriya could pass with the lack of points he currently had. There were still plenty of bots and time, if he wasn't so scared. Not to mention he didn't have the slightest bit of knowledge on how to use one for all.

Then I heard a change in the chatter's tone, smug, confident, and lightly sadistic. A notable pop of something plastic had my eyes darting around the room. A shiny red button on the control panel infront of the judges caught my attention. A thick calloused finger rose and pressed down on it. My eyes flickered back up to the screen, a giant bot had now been summoned onto the exam grounds. All of the applicants started to run away. Except....

Except midoriya and a girl with an angled bob. A sense of dread washed over me. He was frozen in place until he noticed the girl, who had her lower body stuck under ruble. His face contorted and suddenly he was running towards the monstrous bot. He shot off the ground and knocked the bot down with a single punch. He started to fall freely in the air and right as he was ready to do something about it, not to mention was close to splattering on the ground; the short haired girl had slapped him. They both floated briefly before she deactivated her quirk, gently hitting the ground, I watched Midoriya claw his way forward before the buzzer went off.