Chapter 9: Day one of recovery

Y/n's pov

I couldn't sleep much. In all honesty I missed having Kage to lull me to sleep with his content purrs. I slept laying on the couch in an elevated position. I fell asleep watching netflix at around two thirty in the morning and woke up again at around six. 

Great it's saturday and I can't partol...

I guess I could go grocery shopping since I'd have another mouth to feed. Toshi would probably need new rations of food for the week. It's not that he didn't know how to cook, he did, he was just too lazy to do so. Though theses days you couldn't blame him with the amount of surgeries he's had the last five years. 

I sighed and grabbed my phone before I trudged into the kitchen. I grabbed a notepad and pen before rummaging through my fridge to figure out just what exactly I was running low on. Once I had a good idea of what I should buy I left the pad on the counter and prepared the coffee machine. I decided that I could probably slip in and out quickly enough to buy the groceries while Shota was still asleep. So i pressed the on button of the coffee maker to let it brew while I went to go get ready for the day. 

I quietly walked into my bedroom and pulled a pair of jeans and a hoodie from the closet. I rested them on the dresser as I rummaged around my drawers to find a tank top and a decent bra. I glanced over my shoulder at the two sleeping figures on the bed to make sure i wasn't at risk of being watched by the bigger one. 

I quickly started to change, taking off the clothes I wore to sleep and quickly putting the bra on. I tightened the loosening bandages that i'd have to change in the afternoon. I shimmied into my jeans careful not to disturb the bandages wrapped around my legs. I was in the middle of pulling the tank top on when I heard a groan and the movement of sheets. 

Shit.

I internally cursed as I finished getting dressed, tugging the tank top all the way down. I turned to find Aizawa sitting up on the bed resting against the headboard of my plain bed frame, looking at me sleepily through his bandages. Kage lifted his head lazily and let out a mew. 

Traitor. You were supposed to warn me.

"Well I guess it's no use to sneak around the house anymore since your awake," I sighed. "I'll start making breakfast."

Kage jumped off the bed and followed me out of the room as I made my way back to the kitchen. 

I took out a few eggs and other ingredients. Kage looked up at me and mewed again. I reached for the kitty kibble and scooped some into his bowl. 

"Kage you lazy traitor, you were supposed to let me know when he woke up. You over slept," I sighed scratching his head. 

"Must have missed sleeping next to his owner, if he was that tired,"  a deep voice said from behind me, causing me to jump in surprise. 

I didn't even hear him come in. 

"Maybe. How's the pain," I asked standing up and washing my hands to start cooking. 

"Not too bad considering that both my arms are completely broken. Could be that I just woke up."

"Yeah probably," I shrugged as I continued to cook.

Once I was done I brought it to the table and set it down in front of Shota. I fed him much to his protesting.

"I'll be heading out to get a few groceries today, do you want anything in particular," I asked redressing one of his arms after inspecting how his wounds were healing . 

"No, I'm fine with pretty much anything."

"Hizashi never came to drop off anything you would need so maybe we should head to your apartment after I come back from the store. I'll call him on my way to the store to check in on him so try not to worry yourself too much," I moved on to the next arm. "He probably went straight home and passed out after his patrol."