𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙮 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚. | CS + JW

»— ateez — san x wooyoung —>
»— genre — angst —>

[ Part 2. ]

⚠️ t/w ⚠️
abuse, attempted s*icide, blood, self-h*rm

— — —

Wooyoung's eyes slowly flickered open.

He stared at a plain, white ceiling, wondering where he was.
He didn't have to wonder for long though, he'd been here way too many times to not know where he was.

He was in the hospital.

He turned his head to one side. There was a small, empty table near the bed and a door in the far corner.

He turned his head to the other side and to his surprise, there was a boy with red and brown hair sat on the chair beside his bed.

Wooyoung stared at the boy with curiosity; he seemed to be sleeping. The more Wooyoung looked at his face, the more he felt like he'd seen him somewhere before.

Who was he? Wooyoung thought to himself, racking his brain for answers — until he had a flashback.

He was in college. On the ground.
Beat up. In pain.
He saw a boy kneel next to him.
Red streaks. Brown hair.
He had a worried expression on his face.
He told him to stay awake.
He said something about... calling someone?

"Please hang in there."

Oh... Wooyoung remembered now. He was the boy that had helped him.

Wooyoung sat up with a groan.

His ribs hurt so much that even slight movements caused him pain, his head felt heavy and he could feel a migraine coming on. The nausea he felt wasn't quite as bad as the previous times but it was still bad.

Wooyoung totally and utterly felt like trash.

On the bright side, any cuts on his head and chest had been cleaned, disinfected and bandaged, while small plasters had been placed on the cuts on his lip and cheek — Yeosang's ring was to blame for these.

Wooyoung sat up.

Bandages had also been carefully wrapped around his neck but he felt suffocated and struggled to take them off, but to no avail.

"H-Hey, don't take those off." The boy spoke in a soft voice. He had woken from his slumber and gently pushed Wooyoung's hands away from his neck.

"Leave them on. The doctor probably put them there for a reason." The boy chuckled awkwardly and moved his hands away, scratching the back of his neck.

Wooyoung stared at the boy — who seemed to be shifting uncomfortably under his gaze — and looked away. Although he had never seen this boy before today, he had to admit... he was really handsome.

"I-I'm San by the way. Choi San." San bowed his head.

"O-Oh," Wooyoung cleared his throat, "I'm Jung Wooyoung." He bowed back. "Thank you... for bringing me here." Wooyoung smiled shyly.

San returned the smile, "I'm glad I could help."

It went silent again, before San broke the silence once more.

"By the way, the hospital called your Dad. They said he was on his way here. But—" San stopped himself from speaking. He had so many questions, but he had just met Wooyoung and he didn't want to pry.