{A L W A Y S}

(I am sorry that this chapter came out a bit later than anticipated. I got caught up in a few things and as a result, struggled to make time for this. Anyway, I hope that you all enjoy this next chapter!~)

---Frisk's Pov---

"So uh, Papy?" I started to ask while stiring a pot of his... unique spahgetti. The taller skeleton turned to quickly face me, I could see his apron that read "Kiss the cool dude." It had 'chef' replaced for those preferred words.

"WHAT IS IT, TINY HUMAN?" He suddenly asked with a smile. Papyrus is always cheerful, but right now? He seemed a bit lost.

"(Y/n) hasn't been down here in two days..." I stated. Papyrus gave me a look of confusion, crossing his arms as he tried to understand my words. "I mean... why hasn't she left Sans' room yet? I am worried about her..."

"OH? I SEE. YES, I GUESS THAT HUMANS DO NOT HAVE SIMILAR CUSTOMS TO US." He admitted. Watching as he turned around to continue with chopping one of the ingredients, Pap continued to speak. "IT IS IN OUR NATURE TO BE UNEASY UPON MEETING OUR MATE FOR THE FIRST TIME. SANS IS JUST TAKING HIS TIME TO GET FAMILIAR WITH HER SCENT AND PRESENCE. IT IS NECESSARY FOR US."

"But I mean- even you must be worried." After I added this, he sent me an even more confused look than usual.

"NYEH? WHAT DO YOU MEAN?"

And just when he said that, Sans walked into the kitchen. His posture was almost defensive as he gave me a faint look that basically said 'I will kill you if you try to fuck with me.'

Looking back to Papyrus, I ended up gesturing towards Sans who moved to grab a few things from the fridge... more specifically, a slice of cake. But that wasn't the strange part- oh no, absolutely not. See, the part that had me more worried than my best friend being locked with him... was the fact that he, the laziest Monster in the Underground, baked that cake just yesterday.

And you know what? Paps didn't even bat an eye at him! He just let it happen like it was completely normal!

Once he had the piece of chocolate cake, he vanished to probably return to his room. "That is what I mean, Papy! Sans cooked something. He. Cooked. Something."

"TECHNICALLY, HUMAN... HE BAKED SOMETHING." He corrected. Letting out a groan of agitation, Papyrus was really at a loss. "BUT YES, I DO SEE WHAT YOU MEAN. SANS IS LAZY, BUT HAVING A MATE WILL CAUSE SOMEONE TO GO TO EXTREME LENGTHS. SANS DOESN'T WANT HER LEAVING THE SAFTY OF HIS ROOM YET, SO HE IS TAKING THE INITIATIVE TO FEED HER UNTIL HE FEELS THAT IT IS SAFE FOR HER TO LEAVE."

Wait... safe? I guess that Sans really was looking at me like I was some kind of threat. So was I the reason for all of this? "NOT TO MENTION HIS TASTE IN FOOD. HE USUALLY DOESN'T BAKE, BUT HE WAS ALWAYS VERY GOOD AT IT. I SUPPOSE THAT HE FELT THE NEED TO FEED HIS MATE THAT."

God this timeline is so different.

---Sans' Pov---

"Here." I said gently. (Y/n) reached her hands forward to accept the plate of cake that I brought for her... and tibia honest, I am happy that it worked out. I haven't baked in awhile, but I knew that she probably had a sweet tooth. After all- didn't Firsk call her that nickname... Cookie?

It really suits her. Anyway, I made sure to pick up an actual recipe from Toriel. She was pretty happy to help me out... thank god. I use to do this kind of thing for Papy when he was little, he didn't have much interest in sweets but he did appreciate the effort.

Since I was lost in thought for a moment, I didn't notice (Y/n) taking a piece off of her cake for me. She was holding the fork in front of her, expecting for me to take a bite. I honestly couldn't help it when my white pinpricks changed into the shape of hearts.

She really is sweet, but yet innocent at the same time. Leaning forward to accept her gesture, my eye flared blue to represent the use of my magic. Straight after which, I was able to part my mouth open to reveal my sharpened set of fangs. Along with that came my blue tongue... and wow did she look flustered.

And maybe even a little scared of my canines... huh.

Closing my teeth on the baked good, I let out a hum of satisfaction. (Y/n) was adapting very well to me, which was one reason for Monster's desire to seclude themselves with their mates upon first meeting them. If you are alone for long enough, it is easier to establish a strong bond, especially since it teaches the submissive to rely on their mate. Not only that, but my instincts were telling me that Frisk was a threat to her- so I couldn't let her leave until I knew that she'd be okay. "Sans...?"

I stopped thinking when she said my name. (Y/n) didn't say much in general, and only really said my name once or twice... so how could I not help but get excited? I loved hearing her say my name. Even if the first time she said it was to ask for food. "Yes, babe?"

"I know that you don't want me leaving this room... but, I'd like to shower..."

My eye flashed blue and even managed to have an almost possessive feel to it. I didn't want her to be in danger- what if she slipped and fell in the shower and somehow got a concussion? Damnit... my instincts are getting the better of me. Sure I don't want to let her out of here just yet, but... this couldn't be healthy for her right?

Ugh, I need some more information on Humans- and in the mean time, I guess that I could let her out... "Alright. I'll let you out of here for a bit. But I need ya to promise me something, okay?"

Yeah, by having her stay here... I've been able to teach her that I'm in charge. What I say goes, but all the same I wanted some kind of reassurance for the freedom that I was about to give her. "Okay..."

"Ya need ta promise me that ya wont ever stray too far from my side. I need to keep you safe... and if ya run away again, I wont be too nice. And I think that I'm gonna get you a phone."

Hmm... she didn't seem too flustered by this. As much as I wanted to think about her giving me a piece of her cake, or even her not showing much emotion about what I just said as the influence of our bond... in the end, she isn't a Monster so wouldn't she be more rebellious to me? Not only that, but she cutely tilted her head in confusion at me.

"I promise... also, Sans? What is a phone?" She said, her voice wasn't too loud or anything... that was one of the traits that I loved about her. She was pretty quiet, although I wish that she'd say more sometimes. Though that question really did throw me off.

"Uh... Frisk will explain it to ya I guess." I added. Her face lit up at that... I mean, I knew that they were friends but still. I couldn't help but feel a little protective? Nah, I should let her have a little social interaction. Just for now. "But I swear if they try to hurt you-"

"They wont..." Her reassurance wasn't exactly enough to convince me, even if she said it with conviction. Regardless, I wasn't going to make this into a big deal just yet.

"Alright. C'mon then." After I said that with my baritone voice, I used my magic to grab one of my... clean... white shirts and shorts. Once I had the clothes, I moved my hand forward to grab her hand.

Her skin was very soft...

Shaking my head, I tried to get rid of those thoughts. My instincts were driving me to do things that would probably stress her out. And to be perfectly honest, I knew that she easily became anxious. Though... that didn't seem like her.

Stroking the palm of her hand with my thumb, I let out a sigh of content. The warmth from her skin that my phalanges were busy taking in was causing me to want to pull her into a hug. (Y/n) really does have an effect on me.

Opening my door for the first time in awhile, I led her towards the restroom where the shower was. I knew that Paps stocked the towels regularly, so that wouldn't be a problem. I also took the liberty of going to the shop to grab her some shower supplies. Next time I go, it will be with her to pick up clothes.

"I'll leave you to this. Be back in 'bout an hour, (Y/n). If something happens, my bro is downstairs... I will be sure ta let him know that you're in the shower." Before I could turn around, she grabbed my sleeve to pull me back slightly. Her initiating contact was odd, but I was flustered by it all the same.

"Sans? Thank you for caring."

Oh god... I'm probably blushing blue. She said my name three times today, three!

"Heh... always, (Y/n)."