Chapter One

I sat nearby the window as buildings raced by in a blur. I couldn't see much as the carriage rushed by the reddish-brown brick buildings. After a few minutes, the worn-down old structures were replaced by the gleaming white of marble, the sparkle of stars, a world-famous painting that overflowed of wealth and elegance. These homes were lovely! I was awestruck, stuck in a trance. We had finally left the middle-class town of London and are now rapidly approaching the district of the affluent upper class, the West End.  

'We have reached our destination, this is 132 Victoria Street, Madam.'

I was rudely awakened back to reality by the coachman who kindly offered his hand, to help me climb out of the wooden vehicle.

What greeted me was a pleasant surprise, the Georgian architecture house shone desperately amongst its friends, decorated in dull colours, all shades of grey. The grassy garden and bright flowers that blossomed juxtaposed its neighbouring features. The sun's rays of warmth slowly embracing my skin. Not entirely what I had foreseen, although my dear sister had warned me of its ancient characteristics. I do not mind, for this was a fresh start for me.

I  attempted to not get lost in the gloomy forest, memories that were buried had risen, my rather ever so cheerful mood now lifeless and dulling. An image of my former husband appeared, visualising his mysterious facial structure. DAMN him! May God send him to the depths of the Earth, to Hell! In presences of Satan himself! Our marriage would have never worked out, unable to produce children, unfit wife and female. He left me, divorced, alone for my sister to deal with my broken heart.

'Is everything the matter? You seem quite ill mam.'

'No, nothing is of the matter. Very well then, thank you oh kind sir.'

I paid the coachman and commenced my way towards the house, walking up the chipped wooden steps, creaking as I moved forward. The crunching sound emitted from the concreted ground was so soft, like a whisper, but loud to the human ears. The pillars acted as supporting agents, the roof protecting me from the sun whilst leading to the big oak door. Cautiously, I grabbed the sizeable metallic doorknob and pushed, having no choice but to enter.

And what laid in front of me compared to nothing else.

...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There you go guys, my first ever chapter! hopefully nothing too boring!

Have a lovely day :0