Chapter Two

The inside of the house was refurbished, all the bedrooms were modernised. Making my way through the narrow corridor, pushing past the large paintings that I was eager to throw out. I stand now in front of the door, a cold breeze sweeps behind me despite having the windows locked. Shivering, I stood in front of the decaying door, reaching for the handle, preparing my mind for the worst. As the door opens, the not so pleasant aroma engulfed me, covering my mouth from stench I proceeded inside. Grainy white walls, lights passed through the glass windows. Amongst all of this was a painting, two young little boys. They were incredibly beautiful, non-human, most angelic faces I had ever seen, little faces stared back at me. Oh, how I wished they were mine! Mine only! To nurture and protect, for them to obey my every demand. Curse you infertility! Why me? I deserve the satisfaction and pleasure that life has to offer, do I not? When shall God hear my cries of woe? I sat there, staring off to the distance, withdrawing my mind away from reality.

I continue my day as is, packing and settling into my new home, wondering what it would be like to have children. I had kept the last room as is, too precious for me to rearrange, those innocent children have become apart of my family, therefore no harm shall occur towards them.

....