Chapter 2

"Don't hesitate and tell me about your problem. I will surely listen to it." I replied. He then replied to me, "Avantika, I want to say that actually, it is...""Please don't stammer like that. Be free and share your problems as a friend" I requested him."Okay, I will do that.""Now begin what you wanted to tell me for so long.""Avantika I am a bit confused about what to wear for tomorrow's party. I live in Siliguri, and in Kolkata, I live in a mess so I have no one to guide me. Back home my mother used to pick clothes for me. I have very bad taste in clothes. I hope you have better knowledge than me. I also called Shweta and she referred me to you. Can you please help me with that?"By seeing such a long text I thought that Mahir was in some sort of trouble but he was desperate in finding clothes for the college party! I became worry-free after reading the whole text and started to laugh at his childishness.Then I said, "I will help you but I can't go to your Hostel now.""No, you don't have to come to my hostel at this late in the night. I am sending you some pictures of my dresses I have. You just check it and chose it." He replied."Okay you send those pics and I will have a look at them."After some five to ten minutes later, he sends me some pictures. There was a blue jacket, a black blazer, then there was a sherwani, some shirts, and a yellow t-shirt combined with blue denim.I asked him to give me some time to deal with those. Although he looked silly for doing such things as a friend I could not refuse.After some time I concluded that the black blazer will suit him the most for tomorrow. So I texted him my answer.He asked me what I was going to wear tomorrow, I replied that I have not decided yet."If you don't mind, then can I suggest you something?" he asked."What will you suggest about?""Well, I think a royal blue or pink color saree will suit you the most."I was just smiling as I thought that I will wear a saree, but I never thought that Mahir would suggest the same.I texted him, "Thank you Mahir for your suggestions, I will think about it later as I am busy with my studies at this moment.""Sorry to disturb you but I think that you should sleep now as it is already twelve in the night. Anyways bye, we will meet again tomorrow."After that, I didn't replied to him and switched off my phone and kept it aside on the table. Then I came to know that it was midnight and I was feeling sleepy too.So I closed my books and kept them all on the shelf, put off the lights, and went to sleep.Time passes quickly. It flies from night towards the day.I woke at eight in the morning to the ringing of my phone. Shweta was calling me at that time. She called me continuously and I was feeling irritated by her calls. I ignored her calls and then after fifteen minutes my phone rang again and this time Vishakha was calling.Oh my god! Yeh log mujhe subah subah itna kyun tang kar raha hain? It's my sleeping time now!Then after five minutes both my alarm and my phone started ringing. Irritated I woke up and found that my phone has ten missed calls. I shut down the alarm and called Shweta."Where have you been so far Avantika?""Sorry Shweta I was sleeping and your phone woke me up.""I called you several times and you haven't received my calls once. It's already half-past eight in the morning and you were still sleeping!""I am very sorry Shweta please tell me the reasons behind your calls""You had promised me to make some study notes and post them in our study group last night but we all didn't found any such notes till late at night!""Oh shit! I completely forgot about it. I will make the notes right now and send them to our WhatsApp group in two hours. Till then please post some excuses on behalf of me.""Okay do it faster and then get ready for fresher's party.""Okay, Shweta bye."I cut the call and rushed towards the bathroom to be fresh. Then I went down, ate some breakfast made by my mom, and came back to my room to prepare those study notes.Finally, I completed the task within three hours and post it on WhatsApp. There I found several texts by Astha Das, the fastidious girl of our study group, and our classmate. I wouldn't have felt the pressure of completing the task if she didn't make any text in the group. The notes are to be submitted after one week; but due to her urgency and behavior of her friends, I had to complete it now. When I got up I found it was two past thirty in the afternoon, I had only one hour left with me to get ready.So, I booked a cab for our college then washed my face and opened my cupboard to get ready for the party.I found three good saree that I could wear to the party. One was a royal blue designer saree, another was a green saree and at last, there was a pink color silk saree. It was very much confusing to me about what should I wear.Suddenly my phone buzzed. It was Mahir texting me."Hey, Avantika, what's up? Ready for the fresher's party? What are you doing now?" he asked me."Nothing to worry about but I am totally confused", I replied."Why? What happened? Is everything okay Avantika?""Everything is okay Mahir but I am confused about what to wear for today's fresher's party.""So my fashion expert friend is unable to choose her outfit? It is quite shocking!""Mahir don't panic. It's already two thirty-five in the afternoon and I have to get ready and reach college on time.""Okay fine. Do you remember my suggestion for you last night?""Oh yeah! Thank you, Mahir! It was erased from my mind. Ok bye now. See you later.""Yeah bye. See you in the college."As days were passing, Shweta and Mahir were becoming my best friend. When everyone fails to solve my problems or ignore them, he is the only one who comes in front of me like an angel and solves my problems, and shares everything with me.Then I wore the pink color silk saree; applied light makeup, lipstick, and eyeliner on my eyes; wore a necklace, earrings, some bangles, and a small bindi. At last, I took a selfie and was completely ready by three thirty-five in the afternoon.Finally, I took my purse and phone, went downstairs, informed my ma, and went outside of the house.I thanked God as the cab was waiting for me outside my house. Then I entered the cab and told the cab driver to drive fast since I was getting late. The program was going to start at around four, so I had to reach the college five minutes before.I reached the college exactly five minutes before the scheduled time for the program. I climbed out from the cab and found that the college students were fully dressed occasionally and wonderfully, a gate was made with flowers addressing "Welcome" to the entire freshers.

*********************

To be continued...

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE THIS STORY IF YOU LIKED THIS. SEE YOU ALL IN THE NEXT UPDATE.

*********************