- Escort Class Light Cruiser -

:|: Ship Version :|:

As the rebellions at the colonies of the Monarch Empires intensified because of the crisis caused by the Eagle Empire, the Imperial Monarch Navy decided it was now time to increase the quality and number of the ships made specifically to escort other ships. The main fear of the navy at that time was to have their resources aboard ships on stolen on their way to the main islands by the rebellion factions wanting their independence. The efforts led to the development of the Escort class of light cruiser, with six ships being planned, but only three finished. Sadly, only the light cruiser Simera is still afloat. One of them was sunk by floods caused by three torpedo hits and the other was sunk by a hit of an AP bomb directly into the 2nd turret, causing an explosion and the ship to be broken into two parts. Due to this great weakness in armor, the other three ships were canceled.

The Escort class relies mainly on four twin mounts of 15.2 cm guns to face surface enemies but it was also equipped with two twin mounts of 10.5 cm dual-purpose guns and six single mounts of the very same dual-purpose guns that could help attacking surface enemies. For AA, the ship had 6 twin mounts of 40 mm Bofors AA guns, two quadruple of the same AA gun and lastly 10 single mounts of 12.7 mm machine guns. It was also equipped with two twin torpedo launches of 558 mm.

After the start of the "War of the Empires", it was also equipped with a passive and an active sonar, two hedgehog anti-submarine mortars, one in the front and a second strangely located on top of the 4th turret, but this allowed the submarine mortar to be aimed to the sides, although the intention of this weapon was to allow ships attack submarines ahead. The light armor of 109 mm thick in the main belt, 90 mm thick on the main guns and the 60 mm thick on the deck was one of the main cause of the loss of two light cruisers of the class, but it was also the main factor for the class to have a very impressive top speed that can vary from 36 to 40 knots.

Although the ships could be sunk easily and weren't seem as important as the Imperial Monarch Navy battleships, the ship was designed to receive a unique appearance scheme so it could easily warn rebels that the ships on the convoy were under the protection of the Monarch Empire and anyone who tried to attack, would be punished. Amanda Hayes, having previously being known by the appearance she gave to the Biggie class, was invited to the Monarch Empire to make an appearance for them and so she did. Restricted to use only paint to decorate the ship, she painted the metals parts of the ship with the color of navy blue, adding some dark red details on the edges of the freeboard, conning and secondary towers and guns. On the bow deck, was painted a Monarch Empire flag and the bow of the ship received the drawing of a lion roaring with power in a color similar to gold. The emblem of an anchor with a crown was painted at the upper armor of the 2nd turret. (it was like a big target for the plane that dropped the bomb in once of the sunk ships. 

:|: Human Version :|:

Simera, the only one of the Escort siblings to be still afloat, is a shipgirl smaller than average (around 1.4 m tall), having a long hair that goes down to her knees, fades to black on the tips and is usually tied up in a ponytail by a black ribbon. Her eyes have a dull pink color, that can often show to the others she doesn't have more will. Her body has small curves, possesses pale skin and is covered usually by a black dress that fades to red as it gets close to the bottom accompanied by a pair of black socks that go up to her knees and a pair of black shoes.

Out on the seas, she has her main guns one on each of her four robotic arms that are connected to the superstructure located on her back. The bridge, however, is just above her left shoulder while all her secondaries and AA guns ad on two platforms attached to her waist, looking pretty similar to the ones of her ship version form. She has her torpedo launched on her legs and one of the submarine mortars is on her head while the other is in the upper armor of the 4th turret. She also bring a short sword to the fight.

Simera is a shipgirl who a very depressive side, but you can't blame her for that, she's the last ship of her class what gives her a lot of pressure and also she saw her dear brother, who was always walking side to side with her, detonate in because of an AP bomb just in front of her. She shows herself as a distant and very cold person more often, however, but people know she's depressed, mainly because it's easy to spot her staring at the horizon with tears running down her face as she remembers her siblings like a movie that always passes in her mind. If you're lucky enough, you can hear and listen to her singing voice, but don't underestimate her, her depressive side gives her strength and power to fight in the hope of avenging her siblings one day.

"It's a funny thing, the more you hate someone, the easier is to take his life, but no matter how much you love someone, you can't bring them back from the dead"