Chapter 15 - From Now On, You're My Rival

"Ittai..." Maya complained. She looked at her left and right, and nothing. But when she looked what was in front of her, there she saw "Raiden!" She tried to stand but she couldn't. Instead, she felt immense on her back where the hit landed.

            "Mayaina," instead of her approaching him, he approached her instead. He cupped her face with tears rolling down on his cheeks saying "Please, don't go." Mayaina sat silent. She was confused of course since she was a child, but her sympathy always worked even as a kid. She grinned at the red-haired boy and promised,

"I won't."

The Present Time

         "Their friendship is strong..." Takumi said looking at the two who were dancing.

        "Mhm, and the fact that Raiden is in love with her, oh how I wish my love story was that!" Sayiah imagined of her with her lover, dancing under the moonlight, harana, exchanging letters, like how Raiden and Mayaina are doing. Although, the fact that Mayaina is oblivious to the fact that Raiden is in love with her isn't so romantic.

           "I see," Takumi replied with boredom and just watched Souma having a board game war with Erina and his brother Isami dancing with Megumi.

           "Hey, Maya. Do you wanna go outside? After all, we've been dancing for ages now. It's time we should feel the cold air and watch how the stars twinkle," Raiden stopped dancing and held Mayaina's hand.

            Takumi was dying to know where they went off to, so he shoved Sayiah in the way and followed them. He hid behind the bush that was also behind the bench that they were sitting.

            "You know Mayaina, your white hair reminds me of the moon, it always resembles of its light. And your blue eyes mimics the blue ocean," his grip tightened and he whispered in her ear, "And if we ever had our own, what would you think they would look like?"  And silence stepped in. Mayaina stared at him. His lavender eyes stared at her, and that's until he kissed her.

               And that's when he crossed the line. Takumi stood up, but sat back down when he saw the fireworks exploding in the sky. He saw every color that Mayaina liked.

              'Blue, yellow, pink,'  he counted all of the colors. Heck, he didn't even knew that pink fireworks even existed.

               His heart fell when he remembered, 'Ah, April 12. It's her birthday,'  his insecurities grew went Raiden went on one-knee, kissed her hand, and confessed, "Mayaina Yukihira, I love you, will you accept me?"

                Mayaina stood up. Her mind went blank because she couldn't think of anything to do, so instead, "Etto... I'll reply to you before I leave!" And she dashed away, leaving Raiden speechless and hopeful, however, Takumi was angry.

                Takumi finally revealed himself, Raiden smirked.

                "Well well, isn't it the Italian, Takumi Aldini. I see that you have eavesdropped our conversation, why won't you explain yourself? Or perhaps your feelings? Just to let you know, Mayaina is mine, so keep your dirty hands from her or me," Raiden blurted. But the reaction he received was unexpected.

                   "You may have sign, but you'll just whine once you know Mayaina is officially mine. Stop being so high, because you'll just go to the bottom once again," Raiden twitched and tried to spat, but instead, he smile creepily.

                   "Fine then, we'll see. From now on, you're my rival," and he left him on the dark sky. Raiden starts to rant in his mind, but the only thing that made it obvious that Mayaina would be his was the,

8-Year Promise.